Chapter 9 ( Force of habit)

Reader's P.O.V.

I had just come out of my hospital, just to check in on how everyone was doing without me. Last time, I left for less than an hour and the nurses went to hell when I wasn't around. However, they've learned from my absence, how to maintain order in the hospital. They were surprised when I stopped by and even asked how my temporary job was going. I usually came in the hospital to work in the day time when I wasn't the doctor for the night school. When I didn't want to stay at home alone doing nothing, I came here to pass the time. However, before my night hours, I took a very long nap so I wouldn't fall over in exhaustion.

I had left the hospital shortly after looking to see that I had 30 minutes to get to the school. Last night was nothing out of the ordinary. I had 45 minute long shower, content on scrubbing myself free of Ino's tears before washing my uniform. I even went through my lab to see what would be good to have in my office. A computer was one thing I needed to would make my job easier so I packed up my laptop. This time, I made sure I'd be full when ever I got hungry and properly prepared my bento. I was always rushing because a lot of things often slipped my mind. Still, I made it to school a little earlier, knowing that hooking up my laptop may take a while, especially to get all the information on it and I wasn't that good with a computer.

When I had gotten to school. Only the teachers were preset like I suspected. Walking into the building and fumbling around with jangling keys, I opened the door to my office and clicked on the light. It was rather hot in here but it was tolerable. Going over to the air conditioner, trying to turn the temperature down a little bit, I notice that it was broken.

Dr. (Y/n): Hmmmm, guess I'll just leave the door open...

I say to myself before getting to work. However, on the counter behind my desk, where 4 large brown boxes. looking inside, it contained medication of all sorts. A fresh supply from the school. Just what I need. I immediately started to unbox everything, opening the medicine cabinets to place the medicine where it needed to go. It would take a while to stock the all the pills and liquids and so I decided to put on my song playlist on my phone. It wasn't long before I jamming and singing along to the lyrics. The music motivated me to work fast on stocking the cabinets and I knew I would be finished in no time. the higher I stacked, I found my self pulling over a chair to reach the top of shelves. I had forgotten myself in the rhythm of the music, singing along whole heartedly before bending down for the next box of pills. However, I dropped them momentarily when I saw Laito standing behind me. My face went red with embarrassment, knowing they must have been standing there, listening to me sing like an idiot.

Dr.(Y/n): Well this is embarrassing me......please don't black mail me with this.....

I say jokingly as I rub the back of my head with my hand.

Laito: I didn't know you could sing.

Dr.(Y/n): Well, when I was younger I use to sing as this fancy club down town-wait a minute, that's not important. Didn't I shoo you out of here yesterday? If your not hurt then leave.

I say, before getting side tracked.

Laito: Your more upset with me than usual. Is it because of Ino?

Dr.(Y/n): You know what you did was unforgiveable. She's probably going to kill herself because of you.

I said as I crossed my arms. Laito only chuckled before tipping his hat to the right.

Laito: Someone like her could never satisfy me. Besides, your much more interesting than her.

Dr.(Y/n): Laito, I don't have time for this, go to class.

I went over to sit at my desk before opening up my laptop. Laito strode over and put his hands on my shoulder. I instantly got up and my germophobia kicked in with full aggression.

Dr.(Y/n): DON'T TOUCH ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GERMS CAN SPREAD THROUGH DIRECT PHYSICAL CONTACT!?

I say a little louder than I intended. Laito looked taken back by my sudden outburst but his eyes had relaxed all the same.

Dr.(Y/n): I-I'm sorry for yelling at you......I just have this....habit......

I say in a low tone. Feeling guilty for yelling at him. I did have latex gloves on so I slowly inched a hand to him, trying to convey the thought that it wasn't the idea that I was repulsed by other peoples contact but by the fact that I was OCD and had a very strong habit to be clean. When our hands did touch, I didn't understand why his hand felt like the cold hand of a corpse against my warm hand. Never the less he clenched my had abruptly, tightly, like he had super strength. He was hurting my hand with the desire of never letting it go.

He looked at me with his serious dominating green eyes that still managed looked so soft and sincere like I could completely trust him but even I knew he could be hiding anything behind his eyes.

He slowly brought me closer to his chest until his lips were right next to my ear. I couldn practically feel his breath on my ear lobe. He brought up his free hand, touching my cheek with his bare hand. I instinctively tried flinching away but with an iron like grip, he kept me from getting too far from him. In a silky voice he whispered into my ear. His long wavy locks, tickling my cheek.

Laito: I'll break you out of that habit and then you'll beg for my physical contact.

I slight blush made it's way onto my face and upon realization of this, I managed to break away from Laito's grasp.

Dr.(Y/n): Don't say such things!

I said clearly conflicted and confused.