Chapter 10 ( The message conveyed)

Reader's P.O.V.

Ever since the encounter I had with Laito this morning, he's been relentless. I thought I could handle his constant advances but they were getting more and more persistent and perverted. At one point I got tired of yelling at him to stop harassing me and we ended up having lunch together. Though he made that awkward when he kept staring at me as I ate. Along with his constant presence, I had to deal with him while attending to patients that came to my office. It has gotten really busy now and more people were coming to me for care. It was slightly more noisy so Shu didn't come to sleep in the beds anymore. Apparently he had found somewhere else for his naps. I found out he's been in school for years, constantly flunking because he was too lazy to do is work or something. I didn't judge him, I knew all too well that school wasn't for everyone.

That reminds me, I was almost sure Laito was skipping classes because he stayed in my office constantly. It was like I had a child around all the time. He found any excuse to touch me and distracted me so much that one time I almost dropped a bottle of acid on myself. It wasn't helping that he was now styling my hair. I tried shaking his hands from my (hair color) locks.

Dr.(Y/n): Laito Sakamaki.

I say sternly.

Dr.(Y/n): Please just go away.

I begged him. I just needed some time alone.

Laito: You finally said my last name.

He said happily as he poked my cheek. I swatted his hands away.

Dr.(Y/n): Laito, you have to understand that this little infatuation you have, is beginning to be too much. I am a married woman.

Laito chuckled.

Laito: I know that's not true. I never see any indications of that or a ring.

Dr.(Y/n): How do you know I don't take it off?

Laito: Even if you were married you'd be too dedicated to your marriage to ever take off your ring. You'd feel guilty.

Dr.(Y/n): S-shut up.

I was actually hoping that lie would work but he saw through it.

Time skip.....

I had managed to get a moment of piece when I tried dodging Laito in the girl's bathroom. Although he did attempt to go in there and chase after me anyway. I expected him to still be standing on the other side of the door when  got out but was happy to discover that he wasn't. Going back to my office, I was surprised to see one of the teachers there waiting for me.

Mr. Takeshi: Oh, Dr. (Y/n), I was waiting for you to return.

Dr. (Y/n): Well I'm here now, what do you need.

Mr. Takeshi: Nothing too drastic. I was wondering if you had any aspirin. I have a really bad headache today.

Dr.(Y/n): Of course, I have plenty.

I say before going over to the medicine cabinet.

 Laito's P.O.V.

(Y/n) had disappeared and yet I wasn't worried. It always gave me such pleasure to chase after my prey. Finding was always the most exciting part. The scent (Y/n) gave off was like a beacon that always led me straight to her. No matter where she went she always ended up right back in her office. Turning the knob to the door, content on seeing her expression but I was annoyed to see one of the teachers talking with her. He was making her smile and she seemed to be enjoying his company more than mine. I glared at them before they noticed my presence, turning towards me. Before Mr. Takeshi could question me, I pulled (Y/n) away from him and taking her outside.

Dr. (Y/n): Laito what are you doing? Let go, your hurting my arm.

She pulled away from me and gave me a very annoyed expression.

Laito: Don't talk to him.

I said sternly.

Dr.(Y/n): I am a grown woman, I can do whatever I want-

I cut her off when I pinned her to her office wall. She looked rather surprised and worried, looking around as if someone would pass by us in the hall any moment.

Dr.(Y/n): Get off! Why are you being this way. Don't tell me your jealous.

She said as I held her arms above her head. I didn't say anything but her face softened.

Dr. (Y/n): Are you serious? Your jealous of someone I just met? We were just talking. It's not like he asked me out on a date but if he did I'm thinking about saying yes so I can finally give you the message that you need to leave me alone.

With that said, she gently pushed me aside before going back into her office. Shortly after, Mr. Takeshi came out and walked passed me. My hands clenched into a tight fist. Upon noticing this, I realized that (Y/n) caused me to feel things that I didn't feel for other girls.

Reader's P.O.V.

I looked down at my wrist, icing them, trying to make the bruises go away. Laito was gripping me really hard and now I could barely use my hands without them pulsing with pain. I didn't know a 17 year old boy could be this strong. Though he always seems to surprise me in the oddest of way. I hadn't heard fro him in an hour and it made me think that perhaps I really hurt his feelings about what I said. Maybe it was a good thing. Maybe now he'll understand how all the girls he's hurt feel. Even with this thought, I still felt I was the one at fault. I can't stop him from having a crush on me. Maybe I should just accept it but just convey to him that we can't be anything more than friends. He really did take me seriously but was that really a good thing?

I haven't felt this bad since the time when I was in high school and showed my mother one of my report card.....

Mom: I know they gave report cards to day (Y/n). Come here and show me.

Knowing the situation couldn't be avoided, I unzipped my backpack, searching for my report card in the slowest pace possible. Mom was impatient and proceed to snatch the paper out of my hands when I took it out. Immediately her face was horrified.

Mom: What is this!?

She yelled angrily.

Mom: All A's and a B in math of all things! It's the most important subject in the world. If you can't do numbers then what good are you?

She scolded as she rolled up the paper and smacked me with it.

Mom: Let me go over the grading scale once more.

B- Be better!

C-Can do better!

D-Do better!

F-FAILURE!

Mom:Your only option is to reach for an A!

She gave me a very firm slap to the face before sending me off to my room.

Mom: Go and study! Just wait until your father get's home, he will be so ashamed.

As the memory faded and brought me back to reality, I put a gloved hand up to my face as if I could still feel the impact of her hand on my cheek and the pain that came with it.