Chapter 20 ( Matters of life and blood)

Yui's P.O.V.

I had cut my hand a bit when I was trying to clean up some broken glass in the chemistry lab. I wanted the doctor to take a look at it quickly before any of the Sakamakis smelled the blood. I knew I could count on her being there since she rarely left her office. However, when I went in quickly, she wasn't sitting at her desk. Figuring she was in the back, I was going to call out to her but then I heard very odd sounds coming from one of the bed. Even though the bed was covered by a curtain. I knew it was the doctors voice and another familiar voice.

Dr.(Y/n): L-laito.....

She moaned out. My eyes widened at the realization of what they were doing. Covering my mouth, I creeped out of the room to avoid being seen......

Reader's P.O.V.

Later on when Laito and I got to my house, it was quiet. We didn't speak much after that incident at school. We weren't upset with each other but I guess we were at that stage where we could express ourselves more thoroughly through silence than with words. I told him about my own mother and it was no surprise that he understood my situation.

Laito: Maybe we should have a baby.

Laito said slyly. My eyes widen at the words. Babies were not my forte. I was always too afraid to have a child and consider strongly on adopting. I guess maybe I did have tokophobia as well. I even refused to work with pregnant women at the hospital. They would get upset me. They would yell at me and their pained screams scared me. I thought Laito was just joking at first but he seemed serious.

Dr.(Y/n): Don't you think it's a little early for that? I don't know if I'm ready and we aren't even married-

Laito: Let's get married then.

Laito interrupted.

Dr.(Y/n): Laito, this is a really big deal you know.

Laito: Which is why I want to do it as soon as possible. Your my ideal mate after all, there's no else like you. Besides, your at the peak of your lifespan already, you only have so much time left. With the time you have, there's no one else I want to marry, no else I want to have a child with.

Dr.(Y/n): But how are we-

Laito: Run away with me. We can start our own life together.

He said, taking my hand in his. A part of me went back to thinking about what my parents would do if I suddenly ran away with a man I didn't even both introducing them to but I didn't care what they would think. I nodded my head in acceptance before Laito placed his lips on mine. Like many times before this would have turned sexual rather quickly but unfortunately for Laito he had bad timing this time around. I had started my monthly cycle but something told me he had found out. Laito quickly unattached his lips from mine and lightly sniffed around.

Laito: Someone's started their period.

He said teasingly. My face was now bright red and it turned white when Laito said something rather unexpected.

Laito: Can I have a taste.

Dr.(Y/n): WHAT?! NO, DON'T BE GROSS!

I said utterly embarrassed.

Laito: Just one lick?

He pleaded.

Dr.(Y/n): Why do you have to be so weird.....

Time skip..........(3 days later)

I was rather enjoying my break from Laito. It's not like I didn't like when we wee together but Laito and I have sex everyday. I like it every time but I got rather tired. Laito had a very high sex drive and craved me every second of the day like I was his drug. I knew that while I was currently incapable of being with him, he was getting rather tense. He longed to be with me that it looked like he was hurting, still I was impressed at how he tried to restrain himself and wait patiently. Though everything I did seemed to attract him my way and in between this, I had received many bites from him.

In the past 3 days I had decided to continue my contraception until Laito and I were married and so I was trying to cope with the thought of preparing to have a child. It's not true that vampire babies leech off their mother's blood and kill them right? That stressed me out but according to Laito, I would be fine. Humans were perfectly capable of birthing a vampire. It's not my fault that the only information I have to go on about vampires is from the internet, though some facts are rather questionable and just plain unrealistic.

Along with our future baby, I was also thinking about our wedding, apparently Laito already had everything planned and even had a dress for me as well. We were going to have the ceremony in the church that was near his house. He wasn't very religious so the wedding would be brief and it also had to be conducted between the two of us. He didn't want his brothers finding out. He told me that their mates are chosen for them and the very fact that he defied that rule by marrying me, would not bode well because matters of bloodline and that sort of stuff. How sweet it was to know he was doing all this for me, even if I was just a human. His feelings were obviously true. I had never thought that someone like him could ever feel so strongly. I'm glad he chose me out of everyone else.

However, a grave thought crossed my mind. My parents would not attend my wedding and if they ever found out I was married and didn't even bother to tell them, they might disown me. It did sadden me that they wouldn't be to the most important event of my life but they brought it on themselves. If they saw Laito they probably would hate him anyway,  just because he wasn't a lawyer, or another doctor or the very thought that he appeared younger than I was. Even in the midst of my sadness, Laito would reassure me that I didn't need anyone else but him and he had his ways of making me only think of no one else but him.

In time, whenever I was feeling better, Laito and I would start our wedding right away and while I was still thinking about our plans for the future, Laito said we'd just figure out when that time came. I was still excited nonetheless. I was going to do something that was so out of the ordinary for someone like me. I practically couldn't wait. I was actually going to get married after all this time. I never thought I'd ever get to know the feeling. I was nervous and scared but ready .I No matter what, I was definitely saying, I do.