Chapter 4 ( Duty Calls)

Reader's P.O.V.

Another hour passed in my office. Boredom poked at me like cold sharp daggers. I was trying to occupy myself by any means necessary. Even turning around in my swivel chair was an option. Though I would have stayed in my office all day if I had too, unfortunately it lacked bathrooms and if I had to collect any bodily fluids, I guess this was expected to be done behind the curtain of the beds. I slowly stood up and back away from my desk, checking up on the blonde head who was still fast sleep in one of the beds. I went towards the office door and exited my office on a search to find the nearest bathroom ,whether I was expected to use the staff bathroom if the school had it or not. There weren't a lot of people in the halls at the time unlike when I arrived. They were mostly in class, save for a few people roaming around doing something for the teaches or just skipping classes.

The halls were so quiet and so my black heels echoed as they clicked on the hard floor. This gave me time to explore the school and learn where everything is and also give me the opportunity to get lost in it's vastness but hey, now I know where the chemistry lab is or that one math class. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a girl's bathroom when I turned a corner. I went in, not all too happy about using public bathrooms but at the same time, I couldn't hold my bladder all day. When you have to go you have to go. With that in mind, I briskly went in, intent on finishing my business as fast as possible. I briefly peeked under the bathroom stalls, not wanting to go into one that was already occupied. When I saw an empty stall I went in. I quickly decided in my mind that I would go about this the same way I always did: Hovering.

After I had emptied my bladder and flushed the toilet with the tip of my heal, I was just about to exit the stall when two girls came in. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to wait until they left to reveal myself and thus found myself eaves dropping on their conversation which wasn't hard to resist, given I was already bored out of my mind.

Girl 1: Hey did you see the new Doctor. Everyone's talking about her, especially the boys.

Girl 2: No I haven't. She hasn't even been here an entire night yet and she's already so popular.

Girl 1: I admit, she's really pretty. All the guys already think they have a chance with her but an adult lady like her won't fall for idiots like them. She's too old any way.

She said as she appeared to pull out a makeup bag and apply lipstick in the bathroom mirror.

Girl 2: But you know who would still try to get with her?

Girl 1: Let me guess. Laito.

The other girl said in a matter of fact sort of attitude.

Girl 2: That guy is such a pig. He's been with every girl in school. I'm surprised no one's caught anything yet.

Girl 1: When we were dating, I thought he was really serious about our relationship but I was wrong. He only cares about sex. He'll bang anything that's female.

Girl 2: I know. He's such a jerk, he used me the same way and after we broke up he dated one of my closest friends. He broke my heart and ruined everything. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Girl 1: Seriously, we deserve better. What makes him think he can just use us like that!?

The girl said angrily as she squeezed her makeup bag.

Girl 1: I don't want to talk about him any more, let's just go.

She said before she packed up her makeup and they both exited the bathroom. I opened the stall door and came out as the door creaked slightly. I don't know his this Laito guy is but he sees like a really problem, especially for the girls of the school. If it's true about him sleeping around with most of the girl's in school then I might just have to seriously check everyone for an STD. I feel bad for those girls though. both of them lied to and used by the same person.

Time skip....(back at the office)

Back at my office, I was reading an old fashion magazine presumably left behind by the previous nurse when 3 girls barged into my office. Two girls were on either side, supporting another girl by the shoulder's who appeared to be bleeding from her right leg.

Hikari: Excuse me can you help us please!

One of the girls said with great concern. I immediately perked up.

Dr. (Y/n): Yes I can. What happened?

Yuka: There was an accident in the chemistry lab. A student didn't mix his chemicals right and his beaker exploded. Ino got cut with the flying glass.

I replaced my blue latex gloves with fresh ones as I listened to their stories before tending to Ino. Gesturing for the two girls to sit Ino on one of the beds. The blonde haired boy began to slightly wake from the commotion but still giving the indication that he didn't really care about what was going on and was still trying to sleep. Lifting Ino's foot, I examined it and found that she still had pieces of glass in her flesh and blood dripped down her leg. Going over to a shelf for tweezer's I carefully pulled the small blood covered glass shards from her skin. Ino was making pained expressions, trying to bear the pain as I worked on her leg. When I had got all the glass pieces fro her skin, I cleaned her leg before can get an infection. I then applied some medicated ointment before wrapping it up.

Dr. (Y/n): There, you'll be fine.

I say, clearly proud of my work and happy that I finally go some action after hours of inactivity.

Hikari: I'm glad she'll be ok. All that blood scared me.

Yuka: Thank you so much.

They both said as they bowed to me. After being convinced that Ino would be ok without them, they took their leave.

Dr. (Y/N): Your free to stay and rest if you wish, Ino.

I offered her. Ino nodded with gratitude before joining the bed besides the blonde boy for some much needed rest to take her mind off of her pain.