•4• First Lesson

After the previous turn of events, Hailee wasn't ready for her first class with Dolores Umbridge, the ugly road kill. And to top of her morning, she had DADA with the Gryffindor's. The witch knew this was never different, but now that her father is making her actually communicate with the Potter boy, is making Hailee extremely annoyed.

Her misunderstood father, Sirius Black, hated how his own daughter associated herself with his dark nephew, Draco Malfoy; the enemy. Sirius knew it was only soon enough till Draco is a Death Eater just like his parents. Hailee, she always saw something good inside of that cold heart of Draco Malfoy's—like he's apart of the good side but was not seen that way by narrow minded people. Well that's what she told her father.

Hailee walked past Potter and Weasley's desk, feeling Harry's stare trace her every move. She stopped behind the raven—haired boy and sat down. Soon enough Pansy joined her.

During Professor Umbridges absence, Hailee was trying out a new spelt she leant, "Avis." Hailee mutter the N.E.W.T spell as the paper bird she made earlier flew up in the air and its wings gracefully fluttered.

Almost everyone had a go at it, trying to knock it down or keep it up in the air. Hailee looked at her creation to catch Potters eye, she felt the heat raise in her cheeks when Hailee realised she had been staring, and so was Harry.

But just has Hailee turned her attention to the magical paper bird, it burnt in mid air and floated down, landing exactly on Hailee's desk. Everyone went silent, Hailee inspected her burnt bird which was now destroyed.

Door shutting, window shutters slamming shut, made each student turn to see what happened. Umbridge had her wand out, flicking at things to slam shut, including Hailee's book. "Good morning, children," she greeted, using the same fake smile she had during her speech at the feast.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations, O-W-L," The basic Professor vaguely spoke, writing on the chalk board with her wand. "More commonly known as, OWLs."

Hailee let out a laugh, at the professors choice of words. Umbridge slowly walked down the aisle of desks and stopped at Hailee. She looked up at the toad face, before Umbridge hit her in the back with her flexible wand, causing Hailee to immediately sit up straight from her previous slouch and her feet on the desk.

"Study hard and be rewarded, if failed so, the consequences may be severe." Books came slamming down on their desks. Hailee looked down, frowning at the title of the book, 'Defense Against The Dark Arts: For Beginners.'

"Your previous instructors have been disturbingly, uneven-" A heavy book slammed down on Pansy's desk, racking Hailee from her concentration but she looked back at the toad face once more. "Be pleased to know, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of magic," Umrbridge carefully explained. "Yes?" Hermione Granger's hand shot straight up.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" The bright, young witch asked.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom," Umbridge amusedly boasted.

"Wait are you tell me we're not gonna use magic, in a school of magic?" Hailee snarky asked, not caring how many detentions she was going to get. Several students quietly chuckled at her choice of words, as Umbridge looked quite furious.