•5• Loony Lovegood And The Threstrals

Hailee had nobody to write to, at all. What's the point of writing to her father who ignored her, or her relatives that did not know she existed.

So, Hailee filled her spare hours with reading books from the library. She sat down in the library by herself, reading Howarts: A History. She continued to catch glances with a raven-haired boy who sat several seats to her left. The brunette sat closes to the window, the bright light of the midday sun shone through the painted window, causing colourful rays of the sun to dance on her book.

Hailee felt Harry Potter's stare burn her blush filled cheek, though every time she would look at the boy, he quickly turned his attention to his book, thinking Hailee did not see. She caught Harry glancing at her and she wiggled her fingers as a wave, making The Chosen One blush. The tease-full brunette, laughed at Potters embarrassment.

"Hailee, you need to come with me." A voice said, Hailee glanced up from her muggle book to see Loony Lovegood. "I don't need to do anything." Hailee laughed, Harry cocked his head in her direction. Luna whispered something in Hailee's ear and her heart skipped a beat and she shot up from her chair.

•••
Hailee frowned her eyebrows, as Luna invited her to check out some creatures. She and Hailee have surprisingly being hanging out together lately, she is a rather nice person to provide you with company. The witch had also been in the company of Harry Potter from time to time. He would always join her if he caught her alone at the Black Lake or just around Hogwarts.

Hailee, of course, said yes to go with Luna, there was nothing to do around Hogwarts, all her friends were talking about The Boy Who Lived and way would not she want to look at some mesmerising creatures she had possible never seen before.

But Hailee hesitated as she watched Loony Lovegood enter into the Forbidden forest. She wondered what she was doing in the forest. The brunette moved from behind the tree and followed Luna who stood before some scary looking animals.

"Amazing creatures aren't they?" Luna lightly asked. "Absolutely beautiful." Hailee mumbled, unaware of her words, for once they were not sarcastic. She took a couple of steps towards the creature. Hailee rubbed her hand across the creatures jawline. The creature resembled grey horses, but with a clear view of bone popping out of there thin skin, might not sound beautiful but in real life it's if your under the imperio curse.

"Hello, Harry Potter," Luna greeted out of nowhere.

Hailee glanced behind her shoulder to see Harry, and she gave him a curious look, "Your feet. Aren't they cold?" He said randomly, approaching the Lovegood. "Bit. Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared," Luna dazzled, "I suspect Nargles are behind it."

Hailee gave the girl a weird look, "what are-" Harry sent her a look, saying don't even ask. Hailee nodded slowly, still morally confused as to what Nargles were.

"What are they?" Harry asked.

"They're called Thestrals," Hailee answered, she remembered when Luna was handing out copies of The Quibbler and there was a page on, 'MY DAUGHTERS FAVOURITE CREATURES'. Rather strange, the Lovegood family are.

"They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit-," Luna went on. "Different." Hailee finished, though her voice came out as a whisper.

Luna nodded, while Harry stared a Hailee.
Was she actually showing some affected emotion for once?

"But, why can't others see them?" Harry asked, still looking at the horse like creature.