Chapter 3

Jensen,

Do you ever wish you could spend summer break at school? I know it would be empty, but it would be better than my house right now. My sister said she no longer wants me in her life. She even requested my parents to buy her an apartment. They said no of course, but now she will not look at me. I have no idea what I'm doing to make her so upset.

Do I bring these reactions out of people? You always tell me how stubborn I am and you say I'm always bothering you. Maybe she isn't the problem. Maybe it's me.

I'm aware this sounds selfish, and I know how depressing this all sounds, but I always wished I could be close to my sister. She's so far away now and I don't know how to get her back.

I know you probably don't care about my problems, but I'm asking you for advice. How is your relationship with your brothers? How do you stay close? Are you close at all? I seem to suck at being a sibling altogether.

-Lena

Lena,

First of all, I like that you bother me. I happen to enjoy our bickering immensely. It's the great part of our relationship. It's unique. In regards to your sister, she still sounds jealous. I think that as soon as you have a heart to heart talk and find a way to relate to her then she will be fine. To her, you live in an entirely different world that she cannot be part of. She misses her sister.

I am close with two of my brothers. They come home a few times over the summer to see me, but that is the most I see of them. They are not fans of phones or computers.

I am glad you wrote to me. I was thinking about messaging you, but I couldn't think of what to say. I thought I needed a reason, but I just wanted someone to talk to.

-Jensen

Jensen,

I like our bickering too to be honest. As annoying as you are it is usually the best part of my day. As much as we do argue I hope you know that you never need a specific reason to talk to me. I'm always here if you want to talk. I'm sorry that this message is so short. I still have plenty to say, but I'm being told (forced) to go into town with my parents. Apparently, my sister complained about being home with me. I tried to take your advice, but I'm afraid I have no idea how to relate to her anymore.

-Lena