Chapter 26

Jensen finally got the opportunity to talk to Lena's parents. They sat down together to have a family dinner and her parents continued to talk to Lena and Jensen after the dinner finished and Peyton escaped to her room. Lena's parents liked Jensen. They saw that he was good for Lena and they could see that he made her happy. That was all they needed to know. 

They were home only a day and a half between the time Jensen arrived and Lena and Jensen left. It angered Lena, but Peyton, Roxanne, and Jensen made sure Lena had a great New Years' Eve. Roxanne and Peyton invited them to a big party their classmates were hosting on the beach. It was the first New Years' that Lena actually enjoyed and the first New Years' that made her excited for the year to come.

Lena had the time of her life meeting Jensen's family. Jensen loved that she fit in perfectly with them. His parents were home every day, which surprised Lena. They had dinner together every night she was there and spent an hour or two after dinner playing board games. Lena felt sad to leave. Jensen did too because his life fit into place seeing Lena with his family. He knew that that was how it was supposed to be. Lena was his family.

Jensen's parents drove them back to campus and dropped them off. They were the first two out of their group of friends to get on campus. Jensen helped Lena unpack first then Lena helped Jensen unpack. By the late afternoon, Marlene came to Jensen's door to see them.

Marlene held out her arms and exclaimed, "Did you miss me?!"

Lena laughed and walked into her arms. "Of course I missed you!" she laughed, "Have you seen anyone else?"

"I passed Sebastian on the way to my dorm. He said Alfonso was right behind him, but I haven't seen Luna yet. How was break?"

"Amazing," Lena laughed.

"Everything okay at home?" Marlene asked.

Lena replied, "They're better than they have been in a while. Peyton and I worked things out and we're both close with Roxanne. Jensen even came to visit and met the family."

"Ooh," Marlene smiled, "How was meeting the family, Jensen?"

"Are you kidding?" Jensen grinned, "Lena's family loves me. I'm practically one of them already. She met my family too."

"Wow, you two have had a busy break. How was that, Lena?"

"I love his family!" Lena laughed, "They were so much fun. I see where Jensen gets it."

"You two are cute. It makes me sick. I need to find the others."

They all laughed and Jensen and Lena followed Marlene out the door. They had a standing agreement every break to always meet in the quad on the first day back after they've unpacked. Sebastian and Alfonso beat them there.

"Jensen!" Sebastian and Alfonso practically tackled Jensen to the ground when they saw him. They went for Lena next and Sebastian lifted her up off the ground.

Lena laughed, "Sebastian!"

"Yes, Lena?"

"Put me down!"

He groaned, "Fine! Jensen, your girlfriend is no fun."

"Tell me about it," Jensen smiled.

Sebastian put Lena down and she went back to Jensen. He put his arm around her and she leaned against him. "Where's Luna?" Lena asked, "Marlene just told us she hasn't seen her yet."

Sebastian shrugged, "We haven't seen her either."

"It's strange," Alfonso said, "Because she's usually one of the first ones here."