Chapter 5

Lena,

One of my brothers came to visit today, so I asked him the same thing you asked me. He agreed with me to a point, but he added onto it. Why did your parents send you to separate schools anyway? That might have to do with why she's mad. Maybe she wants to be with you at Burmingham, but can't.

Another point my brother elaborated on is that Burmingham is almost a different world in itself. You have an independence and freedom she can't get yet. We learn things most high school students don't learn. As for how to relate to her, she's your sister. Even if the two of you are opposites, you have at least one thing in common. All you need is one.

- Jensen

Jensen,

You and your brother give good advice. With my parents' help I thought of something. Before Burmingham ever came into the picture we spent every summer at the beach. Our house is only half a mile from it anyway so we would walk there. We met so many new friends at that beach. Anyway, I went to her room with pictures from those trips. I lied and told her I found them and wanted to go through them. We spent the rest of the day going through them and remembering the good times we spent together.

By the time we were ready to sleep she realized what I had done. She doesn't hate me though. I consider that progress! Thank you for the help. It was the first good piece of advice anyone's ever given me about my sister. We have the next two weeks planned out with activities. She even introduced me to a few of her friends.

What else have you been doing this summer? Have you finished the Henry VIII book yet? I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it. I just started the book on Mary Queen of Scots. It's more accurate than I expected it to be. I'm hoping to get through three other books by summer's end.

- Lena

Lena,

I wanted to ask you the same question. I finished it a week ago. From the research we've already done, the book took a fairly accurate representation of him. He lived quite a wild life, selfish even.

Since you started the one about Mary Queen of Scots I will start the same one. That way we can have discussions about it. I have two others on my summer list. I'm hoping they'll help give me answers on a career path. I am still overflowing with choices.

Other than my brother visiting I am afraid my life has been very uneventful. It's hard to believe with my reputation, I know. Our school friends live a little too far away for me to hang out with them. They're also lowsy at keeping in touch. I usually am too, but apparently this summer is different. As annoying, yet amazing, you are it is nice to have someone to talk to that are not my parents. They see an entirely different side of me than you do. Our friends would be shocked to see my life here. It's quite pathetic.

- Jensen