Chapter 25

Lena didn't think she was going to last until Jensen arrived at her house. He sent her a message when he left his house and she felt anxious the entire time she waited. Lena knew she couldn't send another message while he drove so she sat in the living room. She acted like she was watching TV, but every few seconds she looked out the window to check for him. Peyton walked in and laughed the second she saw her. She shook her head and sat next to Lena.

"You've been sitting here for over 45 minutes," Peyton said.

Lena replied, "It hasn't been 45. It's been 50."

She smiled, "Even worse, Len. It'll be fine."

"I know," Lena smiled, "but I'm nervous. It's been so long since I've seen him and now he's officially meeting mom and dad... and you."

"If it helps, I'll help smooth things over if the conversation ever gets awkward."

"Thanks, Pey. Where's Roxanne? I thought she was with you in your room."

"She is in the kitchen. She needed a snack."

Lena nodded, "Do you think –"

"Len, he's here."

"What?! He's early!"

Lena jumped up and looked out the window. Sure enough, she saw a car pulling in the driveway. She ran out the door and saw his face as she approached the car. Jensen jumped out of the car as soon as he put it in park.

"Lena!"

Jensen wrapped his arms around Lena and slightly lifted her off the ground. "It's been too long," Lena said. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Me too," he said as he put her down. "It was a long ride and I'm hungry."

Lena laughed, "That doesn't surprise me. Get your bag and come inside. Peyton and Roxanne are inside waiting to see you."

"Your parents?" Jensen asked her.

Lena shook her head, "They said they had an important case and had to go to the office for the afternoon. They promised to be back tonight for dinner. They're bringing something home."

"Starting with the sister and friend," Jensen smiled. "This is a good start."

Lena rolled her eyes and took his hand. As she tried to pull him towards the house he pulled her in the opposite direction and took his bag from the back seat. When he closed the door, Lena pulled him to the house.

"By the way," Jensen said as he stopped her. "I love your hair. You've never changed it."

Lena smiled, "I thought a change would be nice."

"You look beautiful," he told her as he kissed her.

Lena smiled, "Thank you. I hoped you'd notice."

"How can I not? You look incredible."

"We should go inside now before Roxanne gets too anxious and freaks out."

Jensen laughed, "This is going to be so fun."

Peyton and Roxanne were in the living room when they came in.

Jensen smiled, "Nice to see you again, Peyton. Sebastian has mentioned you."

Peyton shook her head but smiled. "He shouldn't."

Jensen chuckled, "Couldn't help myself. Lena told me not to."

Lena punched him in the arm. "So why did you?!"