chapter 5

I know I said no update till Friday but I couldn't wait. Next update probably won't be until Friday or the weekend.

In this chapter Aliyah and Kacey are now 20.

My dad mind linked me, a little to early for my taste. Remember you and Aliyah have that alpha/luna/beta mixer tonight, in the neighboring pack. Yeah I know thanks. I rolled out of bed and grabbed my phone, and called the limo service.
"Hi I'd like to order a limo for six tonight."
"Yes ma'am and would that be a white or black limo?"
"Give me a minute please?"
"Of course,"
I walked to Aliyah's room. She was just getting up. "Al, white or black limo." She rubbed her eyes, "um, white." "Thanks!"
I grabbed my phone again.
"I'd like a white one please. And can a request a specific driver, he'll know where to go."
"Of course name?"
"C.J. Burns."
I heard clicking in the background. "Good news, C.J. is available."
I did a mental happy dance. "Thank you." And with that I hung up. My mother had made sure we had at least one pack member working every job that would even possibly call for someone to deliver or make a trip to our town. I spent the rest of the day doing paperwork for the new family. My phone went off with an alarm I had set for five to start getting ready for the party later tonight.
~~~~~~~~6:00~~~~~~~~
We were wearing the same dresses we had two years ago when we got our positions. The white limo with C.J. driving it pulled in front of the pack house. He got out and opened the the backdoor "Alpha, beta." "Hey C.J."  I said getting in the limo. We drove out of our territory across a river and into another packs territory. We drove to the middle of a town and parked in front of this huge brick building. Couples and groups were walking into the building. C.J. opened the door and we stepped out. We walked into the building together, "We should go see the alpha and luna who put this together." Aliyah nodded. "Good idea." As we made our way over to them, a smell hit me, the same smell I've only smelt twice before and that was four years ago. "Al." I hit her arm as we walked. "Al, listen to me." I said through gritted teeth. She smiled at a couple as we passed. "What is it Kay." We made a sharp turn and up a set of stairs we went. Well technically I pulled her up the stairs with me. "Kay what is your problem?" "The campfire." A confused look was plastered on her face. "My mate, he's here." "You're telling me your mate is either alpha or beta of another pack?" I nodded. "Alright I got that out of my system." I stood up straighter and smoothed out my dress. I dragged Aliyah back down the stairs and we were meeting face to face with the alpha and luna we were on our way to see. "Alpha Frank Luna Hazle." I bowed my head. "Kacey, Aliyah it's so nice to finally meet you guys, I've heard so much about you guys from David and Keith." Hazle exclaimed. "It's nice to meet you too." Aliyah said bowing her head. "Please go mingle, dance, have fun." Frank said pulling Hazle closer to him. We thanked them and walked off. "Do you still smell it?" Aliyah asked. I nodded something clicked in my head it was like I could physically see the sent trail lead to him. "And I know who it is." "You do?" I nodded and shiver went down my spine. "See that's guy standing next to a kid who looks about 16 or 17 they're talking to alpha Frank and luna Hazle." "Yeah. That's him?" I nodded looking at him. Hazel started talking and my mate like zoned out of the conversation. He eyes floated over the room then looked on me. "Someone likes what he sees." Aliyah commented chuckling. I looked at her. "Shut up." She smirked looking back at him. He excused himself from the conversation and started making his way over. "Ohh Kacey!" Aliyah swooned. He soon stood in front of me "Hi I'm alpha Josh." He held out his hand. "Alpha Kacey." I said introducing myself, shaking his hand. Sparks flew up from my hand and up my arm. I quickly released and put my arms at my sidew. "Alpha?" I nodded, "Yes alpha of the moonstar pack, and this is my beta Aliyah." They shook hands. "Huh a female alpha and beta." He said looking at us. I crossed my arms. "Yeah so?" "Nothing it's just unheard of." Josh said. My wolf had been silent through all this which was very unusual. Last time I saw a cute guy she made a comment now we're standing in front of our mate and nothing. Not even when we made contact. What's wrong with you? I asked her. Just hyperventilating no big deal I'm fine. She replied. There she is. No screaming? I asked. Well excuse me for being so shocked first off we finally found him and second being very shocked because he's the freaking alpha of another pack!  I zoned back into the coversation I was in the middle of. "Would you like to dance?" Josh asked as a slow country songs came on. I cleared my thoughts "Why not?" I shrugged. I pushed my wolf to the back of my mind making sure she stayed there before my skin made contact with Josh's. My wolf would have been on the edge of emerging, and screaming like crazy with just the simple contact of dancing. "So your alpha of what pack?" I asked as we danced. "Shadow cain." He replied. I nodded. Wow this was encredibly awkward. We stayed silent as the song ran through. "Will you excuse me?" I nodded as Josh walked off her came back with the boy in saw him talking with earlier. "Adin this is my mate Kacey alpha of the moonstar pack." The boy looked at me. "Hi." I waved, "Hi." "You know what this means?" Josh asked Adin. Adin shrugged. "This means I'm leaving to go be alpha of her pack so," I cut him off. "Don't think just because you're my mate you can just come in and take over my position! I've run my pack for two years with out the help of a man let alone a mate! And I don't care what the rules say you aren't just going to come in and take over." Josh started to speak. "I just ment," I cut him off again. "Aliyah I'll be back." I walked out of the building and into the cool night air. That was rude. Do you think I care? What's wrong? It's just the way he did things yes I know he's eventually going to take the alpha position eventually but I don't know. Go back in there and apologize. I nodded walking back inside. I found Josh, "Hey can I talk to you in private please?" He nodded following me back outside. "Look I'm sorry. I said looking at the ground. He lifted my head up. "No its my falt I'm not very good at first impressions." I laughed, "Obviously I'm not to great either." "One last dance before this thing ends?" "Sure." We went back in, danced to to one last song. Aliyah and I meet up in the limo. "So why didn't I see you after you freaked out and stormed out?" "Well I apologized to Josh and then we danced to the last song and that's it." "No kiss no hug?" She asked. "Not even a Goodnight." "Really?" I nodded.

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter as well. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far. Remember to vote and comment if you liked it.

If you like werewolves and Captainswan go check out MartinaCS18 story abused mate.
Bye loves.💕

*not edited yet*