Chapter 4

Please Stay With Me 

A May x Drew Fan Fiction

I do NOT own Pokemon, but I wish I did.

Please enjoy this Fan Fiction by Roar22 A.K.A. Ariana Allen

Chapter 4

May's P.O.V.

May woke up and remembered that she was going to be meeting Drew in the middle of Petalburg. She ran downstairs and ate breakfast quickly before running upstairs to decide what she would wear. The scratches from the Bulbasaur were still there, but they were faint. May felt butterflies in her stomach as she remembered Drew saving her. She put on a bandanna and brushed her hair out before running downstairs.

"Mom! I'm gonna be meeting Drew in the middle of Petalburg later and I don't know what I should say! I want to confess to him how I feel but I don't know how! What if he doesn't feel the same?" May asked flustered.

"May just be yourself and I'm sure it'll work out. You look wonderful and you two are friends. I'm sure that if he didn't feel the same you too would still be good friends." her mom said hugging her. "I'm sure it'll go fine!"

May took a deep breath before walking outside. She waited for Drew for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes. By 20 minutes May was sure he had stood her up. She started to walk towards the forest to train alone when she heard Drew yell

"May wait! I have something to show you!"

"Drew! I thought you had forgotten we were meeting I need to tell you something." May said walking up to him.

"I have something important to show you first." Drew said "I'm sure you'll like it." he said taking her hand and leading her to the clearing they usually trained at.

She walked into the clearing and there was a picnic blanket set down. Resting on the blanket was a basket which had sandwiches and juice boxes in it. Next to the basket was a heart shaped box of chocolates with a bouquet of roses resting on top of it. May smiled and hugged Drew.

"Oh my gosh Drew. You really set this up for me?" May asked.

"Yeah of course." he said giving her a genuine smile.

"I've liked you for awhile now and I guess it's about time I told you." May said blushing "Ever since I laid eyes on you I've really liked you."

Drew kissed her cheek and said "I love you too."

May put her hands on his shoulders and rested her forehead against his. The tips of their noses touched and Drew kissed her again, but on the lips this time. May kissed him back for what could have been a few seconds or a few years.

"All of those roses for Beautifly were really for you all along but I'm sure you guessed that by now." Drew said smirking.

"No I didn't get that when you set all this up for me." May said sarcastically.

Drew laughed and sat down opposite her on the blanket. He and May started eating sandwiches. After they ate he kissed her again and helped her stand up.

"Flygon, come out!" he shouted.

Flygon landed in front of them and Drew climbed on it's back and helped May up. She wrapped her arms around his waist and Flygon flew them up into the clouds.

"The forest is so pretty from up here...and you can see the river winding through the trees." May said.

"I just fly around sometimes. When I'm stressed over a contest or something like that it just relaxes me." Drew said.

"I can see why." May said resting her cheek against his back.

Drew landed Flygon back in the clearing as the sun started to set. He helped May down and she sat down on the blanket looking at the sunset which was dying the sky a beautiful mixture of soft oranges, pinks, and yellows. Drew packed up their picnic and the blanket before walking hand in hand with May back to Petalburg.

~Drew's P.O.V.~

'Thank Arceus that I finally told her. If I kept it inside any longer I think I might've exploded.' Drew thought smiling as he looked at her. As they entered the city and started to say goodbye, May hugged him and kissed his lips. Drew kissed back and pulled away a few moments later to breathe. He smiled at her and said simply

"I'll see you tomorrow at the clearing again?"

"Of course! If you want to that is." May said smiling.

"We can train again. We can't get rusty." He said smirking.

"I don't mind, because as long as I'm with you, time isn't being wasted at all." May laughed before kissing him and heading to her house.

Drew walked back inside and lay there wide awake thinking about how to make her day tomorrow. He lay there, moonlight filtering in through the curtains. 'I could set up another picnic but I've already done that. What's something meaningful to her? The roses! I could set up something to do with roses! I'm sure she'd love that.' Drew thought planning out how to set it up until the early morning hours when he finally fell asleep.

I'm so sorry this took so long to update. Like I said in Needing You, I've been having bad grades in algebra and that's been restricting my internet time a lot. I'm gonna try to upload once a week again. C: I hope the adorableness of this makes up for how freaking late it is and how short it is. *facepalm* I was rushing. I might be able to upload another short chapter tomorrow.  Cookies for all of chu!

~Roar22