Chapter 9

A/N: HELLOOOOO! Please read the author's note at the end, as I have a little bit of a surprise for you guys. c; *cough*contest?*cough* *winkwink*. Haha, so enjoy the story and please read all the way to the end. c:

~May's P.O.V.~

The rest of the appeals went great. Zoey and her Lumineon pulled of an aqua ring, safeguard, and silver wind combo that May was positive got her into the battle round. Harley's Banette used a thunder and will -o- wisp combination. Solidad used her Slowbro, which used psychic on water gun to create an interesting rippling effect.

May saw her face appear along with Solidad's, Drew's, and Harley's on the side that showed those who made it through the appeals. May would first be fighting a guy who passed the appeals with a charmander. Drew would be up against Solidad. May watched the battles progress until it was her turn to battle.

She walked onstage and let out her Blaziken. The guy sent out a Monferno. May realized that he was dressed up similarily to a Monferno. Harley would like this guy...aside from the fact he seems to specialize in fire type pokemon. May thought.

"Blaziken, use sky uppercut!"

"Monferno, dodge and counter with mach punch!" he said.

Blaziken hit Monferno, despite all of it's speed and unbalanced it so it would be unable to carry out mach punch effectively. Monferno still managed to hit Blaziken's side and land on its feet.

"Blaziken, use fire spin, jump through the flames, and hit Monferno with sky uppercut!" May commanded confidently.

"Monferno, dodge it!" the guy said, his voice shaking.

Monferno was caught in the flames and didn't see Blaziken jumping through the flames with a glowing fist. Monferno fell to the ground and fainted.

"May wins!" the announcer said.

May shook hands with the guy and walked offstage to watch Drew's battle.

Drew, May, Zoey, and Solidad made it through. Drew would be facing Zoey while May was currently standing opposite of Solidad on the field.

"Go Blaziken!" May shouted.

"Pidgeot, let's do this." Solidad said.

"Blaziken, use fire spin!"

"Pidgeot, use double team while flying around."

Pidgeot flew in circles around Blaziken while using double team to confuse it.

"Concentrate and stay calm!" May commanded.

Blaziken managed to zero in on Pidgeot and hit it with fire spin. Pidgeot was knocked backward and the copies disappeared.

"Pidgeot, use aerial ace!" Solidad shouted.

Pidgeot dove at Blaziken and knocked it down.

"Feather dance!"

"Fire spin!"

Blaziken stood up and burned the feathers that were meant to hinder it. The flames hit Pidgeot again and it hit the ground.

"Use blaze kick!" May said.

Blaziken's leg was cloaked in flames as it drop kicked Pidgeot. Pidgeot tried to stand back up, but ended up collapsing again.

"May wins!"

~Drew's P.O.V.~

I walked onto the field after May's victory and faced a trainer with bright orange hair.

"Gallade, let's do this!" the trainer said.

"Go Absol!"

Absol landed in front of me, while her Gallade faced it on the other side of the field.

"Absol start with shadow ball." I commanded.

"Gallade, dodge then use magical leaf!"

Gallade jumped up, narrowly avoiding the shadowy blob. It landed and attacked absol with magical leaf. Absol was knocked down, but stood up quickly.

"Absol jump and use shadow ball!"

If Absol is in the air, it might be harder to dodge another shadow ball.... I thought as Absol jumped into the air as high as it could then used shadow ball and knocked Gallade down. Its legs shook as it stood back up.

"Razor wind while it's weak!"

Absol's head started to glow then it sent razor wind flying at Gallade to knock it back down before it could keep its legs steady.

Gallade collapsed and fainted.

"Drew wins and will face May in the next round."

Annnd I'm ending the chapter here. What was that thing readers hate so much at the end of a chapter...? Oh yeah, a CLIFFHANGER! xD I hope you guys like it, the next chapter should be up soon, don't worry. Also would any of you guys be interested in a contest? If you would be interested in it, let me know down in the comments. If enough of you think it would be cool, then I'll set one up. C: I hope you all have a great day, and if you're on Spring Break like me, you have a good break. :) Bye!~

~Roar