Chapter 23

~Drew's P.O.V.~

May and Drew were walking out of Mistralon and were walking to Icirrus City. There would be a contest there in a few days time, so they began traveling so they could have some time together there.

"May, there's another contest in Driftveil a day after the one in Iccirus, can we go there instead?" Drew asked.

"I wanna see Icirrus City in the winter though! I've heard it's really pretty!" May said, beaming.

"But it'll be freezing!" Drew said before mumbling, "And I don't like the cold."

"What did you say? I didn't catch that." May said, smirking.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Drew replied hastily.

"I swear you said that you don't like the cold." May teased.

"Nope."

"Then why not go to Icirrus City! C'mon Drew, let's go!" May said, taking his hand and pulling him out of the city.

"Okay okay, slow down!" Drew laughed, before walking to stand next to her.

"If you really don't like the cold we can go to Driftveil instead." May offered.

"No, it's fine, we can go to Icirrus." Drew said, kissing her forehead, "However I'm going to be wearing a few layers."

"You're cute!" May laughed before kissing Drew.

As the temperature decreased, Drew put on more clothes. First a sweatshirt. Then a coat. By the time they reached Icirrus City he was wearing gloves too.

"Arceus dammit, it's cold as Snowbelle City here." Drew grumbled.

"Awww, you look adorable."

"Shush." Drew said, blushing very lightly.

"I should drag you into the cold more often!" May joked.

"Please don't." Drew said.

"But you look so cute!"

"Stop it." Drew said, embarrassed.

"I didn't know that you disliked the cold this much"

"Yeah, I don't like it." Drew replied, his blush darkening.

May interlaced her fingers with his and smiled,

"C'mon, let's go to the Pokemon Center so you can warm up." May laughed, gently pulling her boyfriend towards the building.

"Thank you."

"Sorry I dragged you into the cold." May apologized.

"It's fine. I agreed after all. I could've put up a fight to go to Driftveil, but I didn't. I just hope this city is pretty enough to make it worth it."

"Why did you agree so easily? That seems kinda out of character for you."

"Uh.... I wanted you to be able to see the city. You said you wanted to see it, and we haven't been here yet so I decided to go somewhere new instead of somewhere we've already been." Drew replied.

"That's really sweet."

"Believe it or not, I'm capable of being sweet." He replied.

"I know you are. Even if it's not often, that just makes me appreciate your little acts of kindness more. So in return for your act of kindness, after the Grand Festival, we can go wherever it is you want to go." May promised, kissing Drew.

'How'd I ever manage to get someone like May?' Drew thought smiling.

"Awwww they're so cute together!" A high pitched voice squealed.

May sighed and pulled away from Drew to see Harley beaming with Zoe looking annoyed behind him.

"Jeez Harley. You seem like a stalker when you start going on about how cute they are together every time you run into them." Zoe sighed.

"That's because he is." Drew muttered as Harley feigned an insulted look.

"Me? A stalker? Please honey, anyone with eyes knows that I'm just attempting to embarrass these two."

"Someone without eyes could tell that, I'm just saying it as it is."

"Hmph, anyway you two, I'll be seeing you at the Grand Festival. I only need two more ribbons, so you'd better prepare to lose."

"If I remember correctly Harley, every time you've said that, Drew or I beat you." May said.

"Whatever. I'll be seeing you losers around since I'll be partaking in this contest. And winning it." Harley said, walking away.

"Finally he's gone." Zoe sighed, "I had to deal with him the whole walk here!"

May, Drew, and Zoe all walked into the Pokemon Center and got rooms, then Zoe left to go train her Pokemon for the upcoming contest while May and Drew headed out to look around at the sights.

Drew mostly admired May while she looked around beaming. If he was honest, more than half the things he thought about her, he didn't actually tell her. She was always on his mind and everything he did would remind him of her in some way. He loved spending time with her, and loved her. She was perfect in every way. He told her she was perfect and beautiful, but didn't tell her about how much he adored her, and how long he would love her, or about how she mattered to him more than anything in the world.

"Hey Drew, look at those ponds!" May shouted, walking over, grabbing his hand, and pulling him over so he could see the frozen ponds with sunlight glinting off them.

"It's pretty. Like you." Drew said.

May blushed,

"You're so sweet!" She said kissing Drew and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. It was like a perfect honeymoon setting, just the two of them together, and he loved it almost as much as he loved her.

A/N: This is pretty long, but important, so please read it all. Thanks. I wrote this on mobile, therefore I don't have access to italics or bold and I don't like it. I'll probably fix it tomorrow, but for now, I think it'll be okay. I think you can tell the difference between Drew's thoughts and his words. I kinda added the idea of Drew disliking the cold, because I thought it could add to the fluffiness of the story. Also, does he seem too out of character here? I tried making him pretty sweet without overdoing it and I'm not sure how I did. I'd love feedback! I'd also like some suggestions for future chapters since I'm getting writer's block since I don't know what else I want to do with this story. Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you have a great day! Bye!~

~Roar~