Chapter 19

After a lot of walking, May and Drew walked into Mistralon City, holding hands. They signed up for the contest before heading to the Pokemon Center and getting rooms. After they had everything set, they stood outside the Pokemon Center, smiling.

"Alright. See you in an hour? We can have time to train our Pokemon." Drew suggested.

"Yeah, sure!" May agreed, kissing him.

Drew kissed May back, one hand cupping her cheek, the other on her waist. May wrapped her arms around his neck and slid one hand up the back of his neck and into his hair. They stood there for a few moments, kissing and holding each other. They pulled away and smiled, 

"See you in an hour?" May asked.

"See you in an hour." Drew confirmed.

May went to path heading out of Mistralon and sent out Wartortle and Glaceon.

"Okay guys! I'm going to have Glaceon take part in the appeal round, Wartortle, you're going to be in the battle round. Glaceon, fire shadow ball high into the air, freeze it with ice beam, then jump up and break it with iron tail and use mirror coat as you land on the ground!

Glaceon did as it was told and used shadow ball, sending it high up into the air, before getting frozen by ice beam. Glaceon jumped up, it's tail glowing silver, and hit the frozen shadow ball. As white and light purple sparkles floated towards the ground, Glaceon started glowing and stood on the grass with sparkles falling around it. 

"Great job Glaceon!" May shouted, "Let's try it one or two more times okay?" May asked.

Glaceon nodded in response,

"Glaceon!" it chirped, trying it again.

After a few more tries, May told Glaceon to go rest, and that it had done a great job, getting the combination down.

"Okay, Wartortle, I want you to battle Venasaur, okay?" May said, letting her Venasaur out.

Wartortle nodded and faced Venasaur.

"Venasaur use vine whip, Wartortle, dodge and counter with ice beam!"

Venasaur's vines, lashed out, Wartortle jumped over one, but the other knocked it off balance, so it's ice beam almost missed. 

"Alright, razor leaf Venasaur, Wartortle, dodge and counter with aqua tail!"

This time, Wartortle dodged the leaves and successfully landed aqua tail. Venasaur grunted and was knocked backwards a little as Wartortle flipped and landed on its feet.

"Great job both of you! Venasaur, use vine whip to grab Wartortle! Wartortle, dodge and use ice beam!" May commanded.

This time, Wartortle dodged  both vines, and successfully used ice beam and hit Venasaur with a direct hit. Venasaur's legs wobbled and it grunted.

"Great job you guys!" May said. 

May was about to call out a command when another trainer walked over. This girl had blonde hair and light gray eyes.

"Mind if I join? I'd like to train up my Noctowl for the battle part of the contest." she asked.

"No, that's fine!" May said, smiling and calling back Venasaur. 

Wartortle turned to face the other trainer as she sent out Noctowl.

"Noctowl, use wing attack!" the trainer called.

"Wartortle, dodge and use aqua tail!" May commanded.

Noctowl swiftly dove and knocked Wartortle down with wing attack. Wartortle stood back up and jumped to hit Noctowl with aqua tail, knocking it out of the air.

"Wartortle, ice beam!" May shouted.

As Noctowl stood up and spread its wings to fly, Wartortle hit it with ice beam, and knocked it back down.

"Noctowl, gust followed up by wing attack!" the other trainer called.

Noctowl flapped its wings, the gust of wind pushing Wartortle down.

"Withdraw!" May shouted.

Wartortle quickly withdrew into its shell as Noctowl dove down. The owl pokemon flew back up and circled the shell.

"Water gun!" May commanded.

"Wing attack" The trainer called.

Wartortle jumped out of its shell and used water gun immediately. Noctowl was pushed away, but flew back down to hit the turtle with another wing attack.

"Ice beam!" May shouted.

Wartortle stood up on shaky legs and used ice beam, getting a direct hit on Noctowl and knocking it out of the air. The trainer caught her fainted pokemon and looked at May smiling.

"Nice job! Your Wartortle is pretty strong!" the trainer said, holding her hand up for a high five.

"Thanks! You and your Noctowl did great too!" May said, high fiving the trainer, "Good luck in the contest!"

"You too!" The trainer said, before heading to the Pokemon Center to heal her Pokemon.

~Drew's P.O.V.~

Drew was training with Flygon and Roserade near the airfield. Flygon flew around, exploring the city, while Drew trained with Roserade for the appeal rounds.

"Okay, Roserade, magical leaf and petal dance, then jump and twirl, before shooting razor leaf up through the leaves and petals, then finish up with sunny day!" Drew commanded, hoping his new combination would work.

Roserade jumped high into the air, spinning and using magical leaf on the way up, petal dance on the way down. As the petals and leaves fell around it, Roserade sent razor leaf up through the leaf and petal tornado into the sky. Roserade finished up by bringing out the sun so sunlight shined down on Roserade like a spot light with petals and leaves falling around it.

"Roserade, you did great! We'll make it through for sure!" Drew said, praising his pokemon, "Want to try it a few more times?"

Roserade nodded and practiced the combination a few more times, while Drew started focusing on Flygon a little.

"Flygon, practice attacking from the air. It'll give us a bit of an advantage in the battle round." Drew said, sending out Absol.

"Absol, flamethrower! Flygon, sand tomb!" Drew called.

Absol shot flames up towards Flygon, whose sand tomb went through the flames, causing them to simmer out and trapping Absol in sand.

"Flygon, steel wing! Absol, get out of the sand!"

Absol started digging it's way out of the sand, as Flygon hit it.

"Absol, water pulse on the sand! Flygon, another flamethrower!"

Absol washed the sand away, but was still hit by flamethrower. Drew called back both pokemon

"You both did great. Flygon, I know you'll do amazing in the battle rounds." Drew said, calling back Roserade as well, "You did an awesome job with that combination Roserade. I have no doubts we'll pass the appeal round with flying colors."

Hello! Sorry this update took so long. It might be awhile until the next one too. :/ I've been busy with a lot recently, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Thank you for reading and have a great day! Bye!~

~Roar22~