Chapter 7

Please Stay With Me  

A May x Drew Fan Fiction

I do NOT own Pokemon, but I wish I did.

Please enjoy this Fan Fiction by Roar22 A.K.A. Ariana Allen

Chapter Seven

~May's P.O.V.~

May woke up in one of the rooms at the Pokemon Center fairly early in the morning for her. It was around 8:00 and Castelia City was already bursting with activity. Some people were running down the street, while some were just casually walking. She smiled and got dressed. Castelia City was going to be having a contest tomorrow and she wanted to train with Squirtle and Blaziken beforehand. She walked out of the Pokemon Center and saw Drew and Masquerain training in one of the parks. People were staring in awe as Masquerain used a silverwind and quick attack combo. "Hey Drew, I'm gonna go train, I'll see you later!" May yelled to Drew before waving and walking away.

May meandered around Castelia City for a little while, taking in the sights and sounds around her that seemed familiar but not quite. She found her way to a park where there weren't many people. There was a mother with blonde hair watching her children chase each other around and another trainer kneeling next to a Leafeon. The trainer had short orange hair and dark red eyes. Her shirt matched her eyes, while her vest matched her hair. She wore aqua jeans and had sunglasses on top of her head.

"Come on out Squirtle!" May said letting Squirtle out.

"Squirtle squirt squirt!" It chirped.

"Ok, like we've practiced, use water gun then break it up with rapid spin!"

Squirtle shot a stream of water into the air then jumped up and turned the steady stream of water into droplets as it came back to the ground.

"Ice beam, quickly!" May shouted.

Squirtle and the water were being pulled to the ground. It barely managed to freeze the water in time. Seconds after the water froze, it hit the ground and shattered. Blue sparkles exploded at Squirtle's feet.

"Great job Squirtle! If you do just that tomorrow, we should be able to make it through the appeal with ease! I'll give you a rest while I practice with Blaziken, then we can practice the combo one more time, ok?" May said.

Squirtle nodded.

"Go Blaziken!" May shouted.

Blaziken appeared in a flash of red light as the pokeball opened.

"Hey, d'you mind battling with me and my Gallade? I need to train with someone for the battling part of the contest tomorrow." said the trainer with orange hair May saw earlier.

"No I don't mind. I'm May."

"Pleased to meet you May, I'm Zoey."

May and Zoey stood at opposite sides of the park. May glanced over to see Zoey's Leafeon and Squirtle amusing the little kids.

"Go Gallade!" Zoey shouted.

"Blaziken, start with overheat!" May commanded.

"Gallade, use psychic!" Zoey shouted.

Blaziken used overheat and Gallade narrowly managed to dodge it. Gallade used psychic which Blaziken dodged.

"Sky uppercut!"

Blaziken's fists glowed as it charged and it nailed Gallade with sky uppercut before Zoey could shout out for Gallade to dodge or counter attack it. Gallade was knocked backward from the force of Blaziken's attack.

"Psycho cut!"

Gallade's arms glowed with a purple light as it hit Blaziken. Blaziken staggered backwards.

Gallade has the advantage here because it has psychic type moves at it's disposal. Blaziken can't take too many hits from psychic type moves or it's game over. I should stay out of close range so I only have to worry about psychic. May thought.

"Blaziken, use fire spin!" May shouted.

"Counter with psychic!" Zoey said.

Gallade's psychic distorted fire spin so less flames hit it, but it still got hit by enough to deal damage. Gallade winced.

"Now finish with blaze kick!"

Blaziken's foot was engulfed in flames as it kicked Gallade in the chest and knocked it backwards. Gallade lay there knocked out.

"Return Gallade, you did well." Zoey said "Nice job May. There's a reason those of us from Sinnoh call you the Princess of Hoenn."

"Thanks Zoey. Gallade did really good too. Good luck in the contest tomorrow." May said smiling.

"You too May, I'll see you around. And a word of advice for Squirtle, I think the performance is good enough the way it is and Squirtle doesn't need to be faster. The ice shattering at it's feet looks really cool and it's different from other trainers who have their pokemon attack in mid air then have their pokemon covered in sparkles as they come back down to the ground." Zoey suggested smiling.

~Time Skip to Evening~

Drew and May sat at the docks again, eating Casteilia Cones and watching the sunset. Drew looked at May who was looking at the sun reflecting off the water and making it sparkle.

"The sunset is almost as beautiful as you. Almost." Drew said before kissing May. May smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. The broke away and smiled at each other before May said

"I love you, but I'm going to win that ribbon tomorrow."

"Good luck with that, because I intend to win." Drew said smirking.

IT WAS LONGER LIKE I PROMISED! :D I hope you guys are having a great day and you like the chapter. C: I got a chapter up now because I'm going to see Divergent in an hour, then I might have family coming over later on. Any feedback on it is much accepted. I know there wasn't much romance in this one, but there might be an explosion of fluff later on *coughcoughwinkwink*

~Roar22