chapter 8 Mikey

Vic's POV

i don't know what to say... i like Kellin... a LOT. but i can't have a relationship yet. 

once he pulled awayhe smiled at me hopefully and i just sat there.

"i-i... i just don't know..." i said with a sigh. 

i know that i wanted to be with him, but i'm so broken on my own that i don't want to dump it onto someone else.

his smile fell and he just nodded.

"okay, i understand." he said. 

he walked inside and i sat there a few seconds as i beat myself up on the inside. once i finally went inside i saw Mrs. Boswik waiting for me.

"what's wrong with Kellin?" she asked.

"i-i don't know." i said nervously. if she found out i hurt her son she'd probably kick me out onto the streets. 

"well... okay, keep an eye on him for me." she said kindly.

"will do ma'am." i said before hurrying upstairs to my room. 

all i had really done to it is replace the comforter and put up some old posters that i had. i let out a long sigh before deciding to write to my brother.

"Dear Mikey

i'll start this by saying that i miss you a lot, i know i write that in every letter but it's true. you won't believe what i've been through in the last couple of months. I've written several letters for you, but none of the other families would let me go see you. at my latest foster family there's a boy named Kellin, he made me a bracelet with a purple heart. he just kissed me but i told him i didn't know. i want to get past you before i start dating again. 

mom's trial for what she did to you went well, she got life in prison for it. it hurt though, i would rather be with you and get beat by her then be in a good home and be away from you. but i'm staying strong for you. 

i love you, King Victor"

as i wrote i felt tears leave my eyes. i folded it up and grabbed my messenger bag with all the other letters in it and a lighter before heading down stairs.

"where are you going?" some one asked, making me jump. i turned to see it was Kellin.

"to see my brother." i said.

"can i come?" he asked nervously. 

i was hesitant but at the same time i knew i wouldn't be able to drive home after seeing him.

"sure." i said with a sigh.  

as we got into the car and pulled out i could sense an awkward silence coming on.

"so what's your brother like?" he asked, trying to avoid it.

"best brother ever." i said, smiling at the thought of him. 

"well i can't wait to meet him." he said as we drove past the cemetery and i pulled into it's parking lot.

"what are we doing here?" asked Kellin confused.

"seeing my brother." i said before getting out and began walking to find him.

"wait! why would your brother be here? are we meeting him here?" Kellin asked trying to catch up. 

i said nothing and kept walking, careful not to step on a grave. finally i got to the one i was looking for.

"hey Mikey." i said kneeling down. 

"oh..." Kellin said shocked. 

i blocked him out and focused on the head stone. they engraved a crown into it with the words, 'here lies King Michel Fuentes beloved brother, son, and friend.' 

"sorry i haven't come and seen you in a while, but the other places I've been at wouldn't let me come and see you. I've been writing to you though." i rambled, before reaching into my bag and pulling out a notebook full of letters that i had written in the last six months.

i placed the note book down on the grave and pulled out a lighter. 

"what's that for?" asked Kellin. 

i ignored him as i set the book on fire. i stood up and backed up to be by Kellin, before sitting down on the ground. 

i started seeing grey sploches and i knew what was about to happen.

"i'm gonna have an episode, just let me have it." i told Kellin.

i felt myself fall to the ground before i was back in my old house 

__________________________

"Mikey, please..." i begged to my brother as i held his limp form in my arms.

"get in your room!" my drunk mother shouted at me.

"but... but you just..." i stuttered, not able to comprehend what had happened.

"ah, screw you!" she shouted before walking out of the house and slammed the door on her way out.

i sat there crying over my brothers beaten and bruised body. i had to report her, i pulled out my phone and called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 whats your emergency." i could already feel tears rising.

"m-my mom. she was drunk... o-or high, i don't know. she came home and s-s-she started beating my brother... i think he's d-d-dead!" i cried i couldn't believe i just said that!

"an ambulance is on it's way. stay on the line till they come.

"mikey! please wake up! i'll do anything!" i sobbed.

a sudden thought came to my mind that would always get him happy as a kid.

"we can play kings..." 

_____________________________

when i blinked i was back in the cemetery and Kellin was looking at me worried.

"sorry." i said as i sat up. my head was pounding.  

"it's fine... i didn't know your brother was... well, here." he said, sitting down next to me. 

"my mom killed him." i said with a sigh.

"wow... that's awful. i'm so sorry Vic." he said 

"that's why i don't want to date you, i wanna wait until all this has passed." i told him honestly.

"what do you mean by all this?" he asked confused.

"like greiving over Mikey, PTSD, foster homes." i explained. 

"oh Vic..." he sighed.

"what?"

"this isn't me trying to convince you of anything, but those things don't go away." he told me.

"what do you mean?" 

"you don't stop grieving over the loss of a relitive, you don't get over PTSD, and even if you do get out of a foster home the memories are still there." he said to me. 

"no... i'll get through it..." i said, but even i wasn't convinced. i've gotta get through this though. 

Mikey would want me to love a normal happy life, and i plan to do so.