Chapter 12 threats

Vic's POV

all day i saw Jack staring at Kellin, Katelynn, and I. even if he didn't have a bad past i still saw him as a total creep. 

"Katelynn, do you wanna go with us to the mall later?" i asked at lunch.

"sure! what are you getting?" she asked.

"a phone and some clothes." i said with a shrug. 

i hadn't known her for very long but she was like a little sister already. as i took a bite of my slightly grey pasta i saw Jack glaring at me. i decided to ignore it and keep talking and laughing with them as usual, when really i was on the verge of a panic attack over this.

"i'm gonna run to the bathroom." i told them as i got up, dumped my trey and hurried out the cafeteria doors. 

i walked into the men's bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. i saw that my bun had started to fall a little so i took it out and ran my hand through my hair. then i saw the bracelet Kellin gave me. i smiled at it and suddenly all my anxiety left me. 

"i got Kellin, that's all that matters." i said to myself

"you better stay the fuck away from him." i heard from behind me. 

i spun around to see an angry looking Jack. 

"Calm down man." i said, backing up against the sink.

"this is your warning, Kellin's mine. if you think you're gonna get him i swear to god i'll rip your little faggot dick off." he threatened.

"I've hard worse threats from my mom." i told him in an honest but threatening tone.

"he. is. mine!" he stated getting closer and putting a hand around my throat. 

memories struck me. 

"Mr. Barakat!" a teacher said all of the sudden. 

Jack let go and i fell to the floor and had my panic attack. one teacher came up and tried to comfort me wail another took Jack to the principle's office. 

"what can i get you Vic?" asked Mr. Iero, who i just realized was the one who came to comfort me.

"Kellin." i said without hesitation. 

"i'll go find him, stay here and don't move." he told me before hurrying out. 

it was probably only a few minutes but it felt like hours that i was sitting there waiting for him to come in. when he finally did come in Kellin came up and pulled me into a big hug just him being there alone made me feel so much better, having him in my arms sent waves of relief into me making the anxiety melt away. 

"come on, let's go." i said as he helped me up and we walked back to the cafeteria.

"what caused it?" he asked.

"i don't know." i said with a sigh. 

i didn't want him to live in constant fear of Jack, so i'll keep quiet about it for now. 

______________________

after school

______________________

we got into the car and the three of us drove to the mall. Kellin helped me find a phone, i asked for one i could just call and text on, and maybe download some music, the store clerk gave me a galaxy phone. after we did that i got a few more pairs of pants and some shirts and a hoodie. 

"i'm gonna go walk around, i'l meet you guys at the food court." i told them. 

i walked down and too one of the charity people that line up here. i saw one of them was for a domestic abuse shelter. i went up to them and smiled.

"hello sir, would you like to donate a few dollars to help the domestic abuse shelter?" he asked. 

i pulled out three fifty's and handed them to him.

"take care of those people there, i know how hard it can be." i told him.

"thank you sir, god bless." he told me as i walked away. 

i walked back to the food court and got some pretzel bites then we went back to talking and they helped me set up my phone.