chapter 11

Kellins POV

as we pulled up and where about to head into the school i looked around for Katelynn only to have Vic stop me. after he pulled his lips away from mine i blushed hard.

"let's go in the back entrance?" he asked nervously.

"why?" i said confused.

"my, uh... my anxiety's really bad today..."

"okay, we can go around i guess. the nurses is actually back around there anyways." i told him as i ran my thumb across his fingers. 

he got out and went to open the door for me, still an amazingly sweet gesture. as we began walking around the building and i was still looking around for Katelynn i saw him... the man of my nightmares. 

"Jack..." i mumbled to myself. 

Vic grabbed my hand and tried to drag me around the building. 

"no! i-it's him!" i said scared.

"i know, that's why i wanted to go around." he said before picking me up bridal style and carrying me around the school.

"Vic, wait. i wanna talk to him." i said.

"you need to calm down first, i can see fear in your eyes. talk to me first than we can go talk to him." Vic told me as he set me down behind the school. 

"did you see what he was wearing?" Vic asked with a sigh.

"a green T?" i questioned.

"prisoners aren't allowed to wear anything but a white shirt and blue jeans when in public. he was wearing a green shirt and baggy pants." Vic said.

"what does that mean?" i asked a bit nervous. 

"i don't know..." he said with a sigh. 

"okay Vic, i'm calm. i wanna talk to him alone." i said standing up.

"Kellin, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're too trusting. he abused you for over a year." 

"i know." i said through clenche teeth, i hate saying that i was abused, makes me sound like a dog. 

"please, i'll let you too be alone but i'll be close. yell for me if you need me." he told me.

"i don-"

"IF you need me, i'll be near." he told me. 

"Fine." i sighed. 

"yay." he said half halfheartedly before giving me a quick kiss.

we walked back around the school and i saw Vic go and take a seat on one of the benches. i felt my heart pound as i approached him, but i also got butterfly's.

"Jack..." i asked him. 

he turned to look at me and his eyes widened. 

"KELLIN i just got out an-!" he shouted before trying to hug me. 

i instinctively flinched and started shaking a little.

"Kellin... i'm so so so so sorry for what i did. you know i was addicted to Coke. i only did that stuff when i was high. i don't expect you to forgive me, but pease don't be afraid of me." he asked.

"i don't know, it'll take some time, but i have forgiven you. I know it's probably a bad idea too, but you did mean a lot to me." i told him.

"can we try again than?" he asked.

i almost wanted to say yes, but than i remembered Vic, a person i just couldn't toss into the road like that.

"i-i'm  with someone else now. sorry... even if i wasn't i wouldn't think it a good idea." i told him. 

i could see his heart nearly shatter in his eyes.

"i see, it's fine." he said, faking a smile.

"see ya around Jack." i said before walking away. 

it hurt, but at the same time i felt weightless. i felt like no one could touch me, i was invincible. 

"how'd it go?" Vic asked as i approached him.

"i found out why he did it, apparently he was hooked on Cocaine, which makes a lot more sense now." i said as i felt a giant smile grow on my face.

"why are you so happy?" asked Vic.

"I've been petrified of this day for over six months he got out of jail and i was scared he would make my life a living hell. but i do think he's changed." i said my smile getting even bigger. 

i saw a bit of fear in Vic's eyes.

"but you're still stuck with me." i told him and gave him a big hug. 

"and you're stuck with me." he said with a warming smile. 

it was a perfect moment, till i saw something.

"look at that! it's shiny!" i said excitedly.

"let's go get you your meds." Vic chuckled, and we walked into the building to the nurse.