Part 1: Underneath the Mistletoe

Ahsoka raised her fist and knocked softly on the door to Lux's office. She could sense his excitement through the force as he opened the door. He had invited her over for coffee, and she was more than happy to oblige.

"Ahsoka!" His face lit up. He wrapped his arms around her in a friendly hug, taking Ahsoka by surprise. "Come in, I have a cup of coffee ready for you."

She stepped inside, the door automatically closing behind her. "It's good to see you, Lux."

"It's good to see you, too." She followed him inside past his desk to a sitting area. The walls were lined with oak shelves stacked with holodisks. They sat down across from each other in large lounge chairs that Ahsoka recognized from the royal palace on Onderon. He handed her a coffee mug, and she took a sip. "Thanks."

They talked for a little while about the war, the Senate, and Onderon. She loved listening to him talk. There was something about the way he pronounced things that she found attractive. It was just one of the many things she loved about him. The fact that she and him could never be anything more than friends broke her inside.

He cleared his throat. "I have something to ask you," Lux said, mid conversation. "Every year on Onderon, there's a formal Christmas ball around this time of year to celebrate the start of the winter season." He took another sip of his drink. "In ancient mythology, winter, especially Christmas, was a time for celebrating the year with those you love." He ran a hand through his hair. "I've only been once or twice with my mother, but the king asked me to go this year and give the introduction speech."

"That's great, Lux!"

"I suppose so, yes. But here's the problem: you can't show up without a date. I don't know any other girls my age very well, and you helped win back freedom for my people. Who better to bring than you? Besides, I enjoy spending time with you." She could've sworn she saw him blush.

Ahsoka blinked twice, not sure she was understanding him properly. "Are you asking me to a dance?" She crossed her fingers behind her back hopefully.

His gaze fell, and he sat back in his chair. "Yes."

She smiled. "Of course I'll go with you. I enjoy spending time with you, too." That's an understatement, she thought to herself.

He breathed a sigh of relief, looking back uo at her. "Thanks. We can discuss the details later. How are you going to pass it by your Master? Isn't it forbidden for Jedi to form attachments like this?"

"I'll just say you asked for extra security or something." She was not going to let the oppurtunity pass by.

"Alright, as long as you're sure you won't get in trouble."

She stood up and placed her cup on the table. "I theoretically shouldn't. I mean, it's just a ball, right?"

-:-:-:-:-:-

It was Christmas Eve, and Ahsoka stood before the doors pf the ballroom, her arm linked with Lux's arm. She was wearing a long crimson dress with a laced torso and an elaborate hold headdress over her lekku. It had been a tremendous effort to convince her master to let her go. He was not keen on the idea of Lux taking her out to a dance, insisting that purpose had to come before feelings. Though, in this case, her purpose was her feelings.

Lux let her go and fished in his pocket for something. His hand emerged holding a small velvet box. He opened it to reveal a purple choker with a sparkling ruby. It matched the belt of his robes, which was also purple and red. "Here." He fastened it around Ahsoka's neck. "It's customary for nobility to give their partner necklace before the dance. The purple represents the office of the Senate and the ruby represents love." His cheeks turned slightly pink as he smiled.