A New Dawn

Ahsoka stood on the bridge of the head Rebel cruiser, staring out into hyperspace. Since the Emperor has been killed, the order in the galaxy was beginning to crumble. Regional governors were beginning to realize that they had almost unlimited power over their regions now, without anyone holding their leash, and local governors were trying to manage the uprisings against stormtroopers happening in all the major cities.

Ahsoka had never been one for politics, but she felt somewhat obligated to fins a solution to this political mess. She played with the ring on her finger, still not used to the sensation of having jewelry there.

"Hey, Snips," her master said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "How are you holding up?"

She sighed. "I could be worse." She turned to face him and crossed her arms. "How am I supposed to fix this, Master? Whenever we solve a problem, another project replaces it."

"Let me worry about that. For now, Darth Vader has stepped in and assumed control of the Empire. The Imperial Senate is holding an emergency session in tomorrow, and we'll figure out a solution then."

"There's going to be backlash from the loyalists, and the Rebels are going to push for control. The Imperial Senate is just as corrupt as the Republic Senate was, and I'm not sure giving them the power to decide the fate of the galaxy is a good idea."

Anakin smiled. "We'll figure it out, Ahsoka. If it means that the Jedi have to take over until we create a long term, stable government, then we will. The Republic wasn't built in a day." He paused a moment. "Honestly, between you and me, I have no idea what I'm doing, either. Thank the force I have Padme."

For the first time Ahsoka could remember, he could sense Anakin's love for her radiating off of him without bounds. She had sensed it before during the Clone Wars, but she had been too naive to see that he was hiding it. "You're going to make a great father, Anakin. Luke and Leia are lucky to have you."

His face lit up. "Thank you. Your future children are lucky to have you, too." He gestured to the ring on her finger. "Congratulations again on your engagement. I'm really happy for both of you. Have you talked about when you're going to announce the news to everyone?"

She nodded. "We have something planned. I want you to be surprised, though, so I'm just going to leave you in suspense."

The door to the bridge opened, and Ahsoka sensed Obi-Wan's presence. "Here you two are," he said sarcastically. "The meeting is about to start. Everyone is there except you two."

"Sorry, Obi-Wan. You know how much I hate meetings," Anakin joked, walking toward the door.

Ahsoka followed him to the conference room, where all of the commanders and leaders important to the Rebel cause were seated at a circular table. She took her seat between Obi-Wan and Anakin to represent the New Jedi Order. Lux sat across from her, next to Padme and Saw Gerrera.

Mon Mothma, the official leader of the Rebellion, stood up from her seat at the head of the table. "Thank you all for being in attendance. There are a few important things to discuss before the Imperial Senate meets. Senator Organa, you have the floor."

"Thank you," he said, standing up. "As a founding member of the Delegation of 3000, I would like to congratulate everyone on our success in achieving the goal we set for ourselves at the end of the Clone War. With Palpatine dead and the war over, we may begin reconstructing a peaceful galaxy." There was a brief applause. "To celebrate our victory and promote our cause, I propose we hold a banquet for anyone who has been impacted negatively by the Empire. The first one will be invitation-only, of course, but as we continue to grow in size, I would hope that we can hold a gathering on every planet for those who have suffered at the hands of the Empire."