Reminiscense

Ahsoka watched Anakin pace back and forth in front of her. He was just as frustrated as she was, but she had come to terms with the fact that there was nothing more she could do.

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry, Snips." He sat down beside her. "I just don't know what to do."

"It's okay, I don't either."

The bell sounded, and Ahsoka knew it was time. She reluctantly stood up and stepped on the platform for her hearing. Above her were each of the Council members. There was no way she was going to convince them to believe her. All of the evidence pointed to her being guilty. The dark side clouded everything. The last few days had been a blur to her.

"Padawan Tano," Master Yoda began, "serious charges have been levied against you. How plead you?"

"Not guilty, Master. I would never take the lives of innocents. The values of the Jedi are sacred to me." That much was true. Hopefully, they would see that.

"There is evidence to the contrary," Master Mundi said. "You were alone with Letta Turmond when she died. Can you explain this?"

No, she wanted to say, I'm still trying to work that one out. "Someone used the force against her."

Master Plo spoke next. "Which brings us to Ventress. Can you explain your association with her?"

She knew where this was going and didn't like it. They had already decided what was to become of her, whether they were aware of it or not. "We had a mutual understanding. I thought she was helping me."

Master Windu crossed his arms. "Did she help you acquire the nanodroid weaponry found when you were apprehended, the same devices used in the bombing of the Temple?"

"No!" It bothered her that they all assumed she knew all along exactly where to find the nanodroids. They didn't see her kill any of the officers or lay a finger on Letta. "I was set up and deceived as you are being deceived now!"

"The question is, Padawan Tano, who is deceiving us? Ventress, you, or someone else?"

"I am not deceiving you! I would assume Ventress is, but I can't be sure. My senses... clouded..."

"Clouded by the dark side, these thing are, Padawan Tano. Dangerously clouded. But not just surrounding you, surrounding many things in these times."

She could feel her master's anger. "You've already made your decision, haven't you? This meeting is just a formality!" he shouted.

Master Yoda sighed. "Reached a decision, we have. Though, not in total agreement, are we."

Well, that's good. At least I'm not going to die yet. Her eyes met Obi-Wan's. She could sense his disagreement with the whole situation. He knew it was wrong to betray her, but the rest of the Council didn't see it that way.

"It is the Council's opinion," Master Windu started, "That Padawan Ahsoka Tano has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, she will be expelled from the Jedi Order."

She knew it was inevitable, but hearing it become true was an entirely different feeling. Her eyes opened wide, processing what it meant. Everything she had worked her whole life to build was gone. She couldn't imagine herself as anything but a Jedi. The Council had no qualms about turning its back on her, even though she had done nothing wrong. And it stung.

Everything said after her trial was a mess of broken sentences. She couldn't remember what was said or what was going on, but she found herself in a alone cell once more. Guards stood outside the door, making it impossible to escape. Besides, there was no point. There was no where to go and nothing to find anymore. She collapsed back on the bench and cried herself to sleep, not caring about who heard.