A Tremor in the Force

Ahsoka flopped down on her be after a long day on the job. She hadn't had a moment to herself in the past month and a half, and it was really starting to get to her. Not a day went by when she didn't think about Lux. She hadn't seen him since the Christmas ball on Onderon, and she would be leaving in two days for Cato Neimoidia.

She opened the back pocket of her belt and pulled out a special comlink on a private channel she and Lux used to communicate. Their last conversation had been a week ago, and she missed him. He had left several messages.

"Hey, 'Soka. Sorry I missed your call lat night. King Dendup called, and we ended up talking for an hour. Give me a call when you get a chance. Love you."

He had called her again a few days later. "It's me again. I'm going to assume you've been tied up with something important, which is why you haven't called. It would be nice to hear your voice again, though. I miss you. Hopefully we'll talk soon. Love you."

She felt guilty about not calling him, but someone, be it Anakin or Rex, was always with her. Anakin had been nice enough to let her sneak out to talk to him whenever they had a moment to spare. He was taking it much better than she'd anticipated. It was almost as if he wanted them to be together. It was odd because he was a Jedi, but certainly not unwelcome.

The next message was from yesterday. "Since you haven't talked to me in what feels like a million years, you've either been captured or killed or hate me. I'm going to hope none of those are the case. Please call me. I can't go on like this, not hearing from you." There was a long pause. "You know that I love you more than anything, right? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you. Please let me know you're okay."

She loved him, too, and could only imagine how worried he must be. Sliding the secure comlink back into her belt's back pocket, she called Anakin using her Jedi communicator.

"Hey, Master. I need a favor."

"What?"

She stood up and changed into yoga pants and a t-shirt. "I have an emergency Code 66. Can I have a ride over?" Code 66 was their special name referring to Lux and their relationship around other people and over the secure channel.

He sighed. "Alright. I'm on my way."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Not long after, Anakin dropped Ahsoka off at the back window of Lux's apartment. After mouthing a quick "thank you", she opened the window and slipped inside. She could sense Lux's presence in the room. Carefully, she started making her way towards him.

"Who's there?" he called out to the darkness. She heard the sheets ruffle as he got up.

She used the force to probe his location, slowly sneaking up in front of him. He couldn't see anything through the pitch black, and she used it to her advantage.

"Someone who loves you," she whispered, pressing her lips to his.

Lux stood still for a moment before he realized who it was. He wrapped his around her and kissed her back with passion easily equaling her own.

"Ahsoka!" He picked her up and spun her around before going in for another kiss, showing her how much he missed her.

"I got your messages."

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "Good." There was a long pause while he simply held her.

"I'm sorry I didn't call you back. I didn't have a moment to myself, and Anakin would only let me out a few times to talk to you."

He loosed his hold on her and kissed her softly. "It's alright, as long as you're okay. I was worried about you."

"I know." She reluctantly left his embrace to turn on the lamp. "And where did you get the notion that I hate you? It's quite the opposite, actually."