A Change of Plans

Ahsoka hated reconnaissance missions. She'd have to sneak around some sort of base or camp to collect information, but very rarely (unless Anakin Skywalker was involved) did she get to intervene herself.

On this particular mission, she was investigating claims in the Imperial Senate that the Emperor's apprentice was trying to build a citadel prison specifically for the remaining Jedi. Lux had asked her to look into the matter before he decided his next move.

The Senate had yet to vote on it's creation, but glancing across the rocky terrace at the construction site, she knew the vote was just a formality. The prison was almost complete.

The rocky surface underneath her stomach was really starting to bother her. If she moved even the slightest bit, rocks dug into her skin. She'd survived worse, but it was a distraction she could do without.

A shadow passed over her body. An Imperial Shuttle landed on the platform, and the ramp extended. A figure dressed in all black with a mask covering his face emerged from the smoke. For being on a planet with lava everywhere, she was strangely cold. The dark side was strong with this planet.

Ahsoka slid back as painlessly as possible and sat upright. Lux wanted her to let him know before she did anything that he would consider stupid, so she went ahead and gave him a call. He didn't pick up, which was odd. He always picked up when she called. Maybe he was tied up in a meeting or something. She'd have to worry about it later.

"Hey, Lux. It's Ahsoka. I just wanted to let you know that I have some good information for you about this prison. Construction is almost complete. I feel badly leaving this place without saying hello, so I'm going to take a peek inside. I'll be back to you tomorrow, assuming this goes as planned. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I hope all is going well with your endeavors in the Senate. Love you. See you soon."

-:-:-:-:-:-

Ahsoka slid inside the entrance to the prison. Everything felt mechanical. Stormtroopers roamed the halls, faceless representations of the Emperor's power over the galaxy.

Strangely enough, she saw very few prison cells. There were enough to make it seem convincing that this was only a detainment center of sorts, but Ahsoka knew better than that.

She crept through an empty hallway and into an open cell. The inside looked just like any other Imperial cell she'd been forced into. Placing her hand against the cool grey wall, she listened. She winced as the screams of future prisoners pierced her eardrums. Not matter how many times she heard it, that was a sound she'd never get used to.

The sound of footsteps behind her jerked her back into reality. She could feel the presence of a darksider approaching faster and faster, but she had nowhere to go.

Ahsoka slowly turned around, face to face with a stranger. He was tall and evil-looking, wearing a black tunic with scattered bits of special Imperial armor. In his hand was a circular lightsaber. Another Sith Inquisitor, she thought to herself. Just what I need...

"I was beginning to think my little investigation went by unnoticed," Ahsoka said, preparing herself for whatever he had to say.

"No, nothing here ever goes unnoticed. Especially not when a force user such as yourself decides to join us. I don't believe we've been introduced. I am the Fourth Brother, and you are?"

"A former Jedi." Her hands immediately reached for her lightsabers. The white blades lit up the room, their familiar hum comforting Ahsoka. Whatever he was, it wasn't anything good.