Part 5: A Skywalker Plan

Ahsoka sat on a bench by the widow of the command center. They reached the fleet a few hours ago and had already started the never ending meetings about strategy or logistics. Having Anakin and Obi-Wan present meant that Ahsoka didn't have to pay attention; whatever plan they devised would become irrelevant as soon as it was set in motion, anyway. 

Lux, however, hadn't figured that out yet. He stood by the large holotable in the center of the room with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Rex, Leia, and a few high ranking Rebel leaders. They were trying to find a suitable location for a base, and Lux was very adamant about using Onderon despite the large Imperial presence there, which wasn't going over well with the others.

Ahsoka's fingers traced the scar on her stomach left by the stab wound. The events of that day played back in her mind over and over, and she flinched each time she would see Vader's saber pierce through her stomach. If she would've turned around a second sooner, maybe things would be different. She would be up at the holotable with the rest of her family, not sitting on the outside depending on her boyfriend to get around.

She shifted her weight and tried to stand without success. After several attempts, she propelled herself a little too far forward, and she fell from the bench and winced as her body slammed against the cool tile floor.

It took her a moment to realize that the meeting had gone silent. She had definitely made a scene, which was certainly not her intention.

Lux ran to her side her helped her sit up. "You okay?" 

"I'm fine," she snapped, pushing him away slightly. 

He was taken aback. Ahsoka could tell he was hurt, but then again, so was she. "I really think you should get a wheelchair, Ahsoka. It would make everything so much easier for you."

"No." A wheelchair meant that she would be permanently disabled, and she couldn't let that happen, not when so many people needed her to be strong. "I won't do that ."

"Fine," Lux said, standing up. "I'm just trying to help you."

She sighed. "I know. I'm just frustrated."

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "I think it's best that we reconvene in a few hours. I'm in need of a break, and I'm sure you are as well." He removed the disk with the information they had been discussing and led the other officers from the room, leaving Ahsoka alone with Lux and Anakin. 

They helped her up and carried her to her quarters. Lux shut the door behind them as Anakin laid her down on the small cot in the corner. 

"Okay, n'anya, you're not fooling anyone." Lux sat down beside her. "What's going on?"

"I can't keep doing this. I plan and strategize and plan some more to find ways to fix all the things wrong with the galaxy only to keep losing everything and having to start over. It's draining to relive my failures over and over again, and since I can't train, I'm stuck thinking about them."

"Well then let's talk about something else and come up with a plan that will work, okay?" Anakin said. He turned off the lights and set up a star map. "You up for a little meditation? It will be good for us to recenter ourselves before we do something crazy."

Lux smiled. "Do you guys always do this before coming up with a plan?"

"No, not all the time," Ahsoka said. "But this is my sign that Anakin already has a crazy plan in mind and he wants me to talk him out of it."

Her eyes met her master's, and he winked. "I guess we can skip meditation then because I know you're going to like this one, Snips." He pointed to a small planet in the outer rim. "This is Scarif. It houses the Imperial Security Complex, which has just about every dirty secret the Empire doesn't want the public to know."