A New Order

Ahsoka sat on the floor of the small Nubian cruiser, watching Anakin and Leia spar in the empty space in front of her. Lux sat beside her, his arm around her shoulders.

Both Anakin and Leia were using one of Ahsoka's lightsabers. They had been at it for what felt like hours, going back and forth while Anakin taught her how to wield a lightsaber and the force as one. Leia was a fast learner; she had no difficulty watching her father demonstrate a move and copying it almost exactly. Coordinating her moves with the force, however, was still a work in progress.

Anakin's attacks were far less powerful than Ahsoka remembered, but that was almost sixteen years ago, and he had been through quite a few physically stressful events since then. Almost immediately after he shifted his weight and made the first swing in each sequence, Ahsoka knew exactly where to block and where his vulnerable spots were for the rest of the moves of that particular combination. Some of them she'd learned from the Temple, but she attributed a good portion of her combat technique to her old master.

Leia would get there, eventually. Her first day training with Anakin was going much better than Ahsoka's first day.

She smiled at the memory and rested her head on Lux's shoulder.

"Do you know how much longer we have until we reach the fleet?" She asked. She hadn't been told exactly where the rendezvous point with the remaining rebels was, but she knew it wasn't near Naboo.

"No idea," he said. "Though if we were close, I suspect someone would come and get us."

She winced as Leia got tangled in her own feet and fell on the floor.

"Style and grace, or you'll fall on your face," Ahsoka said, remembering the line from an elementary acro training class at the Temple. "You have to be lighter on your feet or you'll keep tripping over yourself like that."

Leia rolled her eyes. "Easier said than done."

Anakin tossed Ahsoka lightsaber back and helped Leia to her feet. "I think that's enough for now. Nothing good happens when we're both tired."

She nodded and handed Ahsoka the other lightsaber. "I'm hungry. Do you want me to bring you any food?"

They all shook their heads, and Leia left to the bridge.

Anakin sat down in front of Ahsoka and Lux, leaning on the wall opposite of them. "You know, Snips, she's a lot like you were."

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow.

"I mean that she has this energy that comes out of nowhere and can channel it into her fighting very well."

"Why thank you, Master."

The door slid open, and Obi-Wan took a few steps inside. "May I join you?"

Anakin gestured to the empty space around them. "By all means, sit."

He sat in a chair by the door, and his serious demeanor melted. "If circumstances were different, we could've had one hell of a triple date."

They laughed.

Obi-Wan smiled. "I knew about Anakin, but Ahsoka was a surprise. I don't remember you being particularly interested in politicians, Ahsoka."

"I can make an exception for him." She looked up at Lux, and their eyes met for a brief second. "It's a good thing I'm not a Jedi anymore, so I don't have to hide it."

Anakin nodded. "Getting married was the best and worst decision of my life, but if I could go back, I would still do it. I'm glad you both are happy." He paused. "Obi-Wan and I... uh... have a proposition for you, Snips."