Battle of Scarif

Ahsoka sat on a crate near the ladder to the cockpit of her X-Wing. The orange suit she'd been given to wear was much too baggy and hot for her to function, so she'd spent the last hour or two fixing it up to meet her satisfaction. Sure, the leaders of the Rebellion wanted the pilots to be uniform, but they could make an exception for their new Jedi General. It was still the same orange color, but the suit was much more form fitting and allowed for her to move her upper body without feeling strained.

There was an announcement over the loudspeaker telling pilots to board their ships. Ahsoka smiled as Lux walked over to her and helped her to her feet. Bracing her, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. She let her head rest on his chest as she closed her eyes and let his calming presence soothe her nerves. He released a little only to plant a soft kiss on her lips.

"I love you, n'anya. Don't do anything stupid, okay?"

She blushed. "I'll try not to, but no promises. I love you, too."

"Be safe and come back to me. Don't pull another Mandalore or I might not be able to make it to the Christmas ball." He was referring to the time she "died" to keep herself hidden from the Empire.

"Stop it, Lux. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. You be safe and be the great king I know you are." She kissed his cheek and grabbed the ladder. After giving it a quick once-over, she turned back to Lux. "Could you, maybe, um. . ."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'll help you up."

Once she was all settled in, Lux handed her a headset. "I love you. Now General Tano, go kick some Sith Lord ass for me."

She smiled. "Lord Bonteri, it would be my absolute pleasure."

She watched as he descended the ladder and walked to the other side of the hangar. He turned to look back at her once more before walking through the doorway to the other hangar where a ship would take him and the Skywalker-Amidala family to Onderon.

Ahsoka fired up the engines and familiarized herself with the controls. A familiar sequence of beeps came from her droid, and she smirked. "Of course Anakin assigned you to me. It's good to see you, Artooie."

He beeped cheerfully.

"I know it's been a while, but I'm not that rusty. You'll see."

Shortly after, she received a transmission from Anakin saying that he reached the surface of Scarif. He had gone through the transmission records and found that the Emperor was on his way to inspect the tower, which Ahsoka interpreted as coming to investigate the Vader situation.

"That's my cue," she said through the comm system. "Alright, boys, you ready for some action?"

"You can count on it, General Tano," a voice said back.

General Tano. It was going to take some getting used to. "Then let's get going!" She said as she steered the ship through the hangar door and into outer space.

"You know the drill, pilots," she said, beginning to prep for hyperspace. "We're meeting Phoenix squadron there. Once we get there, our goal is to hold the Empire's attention for as long as possible. If you can get a clear shot at the bridge of the command ship, take it. This isn't going to be easy, but if the plan works, the Empire falls today. Understood?"

She was met with a series of affirmatives. "Good. May the force be with us all."

When she dropped out of hyperspace, Ahsoka surveyed the enemy presence in front of her. There was a Star Destroyer stationed above a gate in the shield protecting the planet. All things considered, that didn't sound that bad; she'd attacked lone Star Destroyers before and lived.