A Wolf's Guidance

Ahsoka woke up the next morning to the sound of loud snoring. She rolled over on the incredibly hard and unforgiving crates and glanced over at her roommate, Ezra, who was sprawled out on the floor on the other side of the room, sleeping.

She sat up and shrugged off the blanket he had loaned her. She tried to do a mental scan to make sure all of her possessions were still there, but she couldn't. Her connection to the force was still broken.

"Great," she whispered herself. "Forget anything else I had planned for the next week." This was going to require her undivided attention.

Being careful not to wake Ezra, she put on her cloak and patted herself down to make sure she had everything. Satisfied, she opened the door and stepped outside.

"Thank you, Ezra," she whispered.

After reaching her ship, she began flying towards the other side of the planet. Her scanners picked up only scattered civilization on the southern hemisphere, so that was where she needed to go. There, she could figure out what was wrong with her.

As the ship touched down in a field, she tried to contact Lux. He didn't pick up, so she left a message.

"Hey, Lux, it's me. I'm still on Lothal. I know I said I wouldn't be long, but things are complicated, so I take that back. I have no idea how long I'll be here or what exactly I'm doing. I'll be back after I meditate and sort some things out. I hope everything is going well with your work. See you soon. Love you."

It was odd that she hadn't heard from him since she'd left, but she would have to assume for now that he was in a meeting or super busy. Neither of which was uncommon, at least for Lux. He would let her know if there was an emergency that required her presence.

The field was quiet. The tall grass flowed in the gentle wind, and the clouds passed by slowly overhead. The mountains standing in front of her blocked her view of the beautiful sunrise on the distant horizon in stark contrast to the flat, never-ending plains of the northern hemisphere. She closed her eyes. It was picturesque moment for anyone but her.

"I don't understand," she murmured out loud to no one in particular.

She heard a loud breath behind her, and she whipped her head around, reaching for her lightsabers.

There sat a single wolf. It was much larger than any creature Ahsoka had seen before, and she'd seen some strangely huge things. She felt small and insignificant compared to it, which made no sense. How was a wolf making her feel like nothing?

Ahsoka Tano.

"Yes?"

I am Dume. I am past, present, and future. I ask you to see.

"All I see are some mountains and some grass. I'm quite sure I'm missing the point."

A world between worlds. You shall SEE!

She heard a scream off in the distance, and she fell to her knees.

A Twi'lek woman in orange prison garbs. A black fuel cell. A sunset. An explosion. Stars. Purple fire. A holocron.

This planet will change the galaxy.

Then, there was nothing. She was alone in a place she had never seen before. The stars lit up the night sky all around her as she floated through space and time.

And then all at once, she was numb. She saw everything.

Lux was in love with her. Sure, she knew that, but to him, it was not just another relationship to spice up his life. Ahsoka was his everything, and he was going to do everything in his power to protect her from any harm.

Bail Organa was lost. He'd always had a friend to help guide him through uncertain times. Now, that friend was gone. In honor of her contributions to the galaxy, he vowed to avenge her and destroy the evil Empire that took away her life and the liberties of billions of beings.

The surviving Jedi were alone. They had no one to look up to and no home to return to. Their mentors and role models were all dead. There was no one left to guide them and teach them how to serve the galaxy.

The Empire was growing. Every day, a system fell under their control, and people's lives were lost. The construction of a new super weapon would decimate the liberty and freedom in the galaxy. Fear and destruction would roam freely.

Ahsoka was gifted. She had an ability to help people. How long was it going to take for her do something about it?

"I understand," she whispered.

Go. Help others see.

When Ahsoka woke up, she was on the floor of someplace unfamiliar. She could smell the faint scent of wood burning off in the distance. Light streaked into the space where she sat, illuminating the mural on the wall behind her.

She could feel the force flowing through her once more as she stared at it, only guessing at what it could mean. She could feel love and sadness, peace and despair.

To her, it meant sacrifice. Not the poetic and heroic kind, but the devastating and world-altering kind. It had to do with a Twi'lek woman in orange prison garbs, a black fuel cell, a sunset, an explosion, stars, purple fire, and a holocron.

A Jedi is going to sacrifice himself for the good of the galaxy somewhere here on Lothal, which will change the course of events and catalyze the downfall of the Empire.

She had more questions than answers, but only one thing was for sure: she would have to have a conversation with Caleb Dume.

A/N: Happy almost Monday. It's 11:53 here oops...

I have so many things to say but I'm tired so I'll be quick.

This chapter took me entirely too long to write. I've been having a terrible writer's block of late and am struggling to get words on a page. I'm trying, I promise, but my drafts just aren't acceptable enough for me to publish.

I'm stuck in a plot rut pretty much everywhere across the board. I thought I knew where I was going with this story, and then I wrote something completely different. I wanted to focus primarily on the relationship between Lux and Ahsoka, but that clearly isn't what's going on right now. After I finish up this arc, that's what I'm going back go.

I'm also a wee bit busy. Marching band is in full swing, I'm taking too many AP classes, and college applications are due in November. At least I'm done with SATs and ACTs or else I would probably have to take an extended hiatus from writing entirely.

I'll probably post an update about how things are going to look on this account from now on in my random update book sometime later this week, but I thought that I would give you some actual content first XD

Have a great week, and may the force be with you!