Friends and Foes

Lux and Ahsoka made it up the lift to the same level as the control center before they ran into an issue. Guards were stationed at the entrance, which meant that they'd have to either be very convincing upfront or try another entry point.

They crouched down behind a crate laying in the hallway. "It's either the vent or putting a lot of faith in my mind trick skills."

"I trust you. Let's go," Lux whispered back. "I'm a bit skeptical about all the unfriendlies that could be on the other side of that door. We can leave without collecting data, you know."

Lately, Ahsoka had been feeling especially cut off from the force. She missed the comfort of the Jedi Order, knowing that she had thousands of people like her ready to support her. At least, until she was accused of murder.

She missed her master. Anakin Skywalker was a hole she doubted anyone would ever be able to fill. Lux was close, but he wasn't the same. Anakin was a protective older brother; Lux was her supportive boyfriend. She knew the archives about Jedi prisoners would be here on Mustafar. Even though it was a huge risk, she had to know if any of her extended family had survived the mass murder known as Order 66.

Maybe she had been wrong on Mandalore. Maybe Anakin Skywalker had survived.

"No, Lux. I have to find out if there's anyone else out there like me. You know that. Plus, we need all the support we can get for this rebellion."

He nodded. "I don't doubt that you'll be able to pull this off. I just worry about my own safety is all."

"You'll be fine, n'anya. If you remember, I taught you everything you know back on Onderon."

"Not everything I know... but that's a conversation for another time."

Ahsoka reached out through the force and probed the area. The Fourth Brother was inside, along with a being that was strong with the dark side, yet not fully devoted to the extent of some of the Sith she'd encountered in the past.

"Wonderful," she muttered to herself. "Here's the plan: I'm going to keep them distracted and try to draw them out of the room while you go in and copy the records. Just nod and say yes."

Lux nodded hesitantly. "Yes, but isn't it going to be–"

"Dangerous? Yeah. But we'll live. I hope."

She didn't give him the opportunity to further discuss the matter. Standing up calmly, she walked confidently towards the stormtroopers stationed outside the control center.

"Hold it right there!" One of them shouted. "This is a restricted area. What's the clearance code?"

"I don't need it." She channeled the force and lifted her hands, balling them in loose fists, and pulled them down quickly, causing the troopers to lose consciousness and fall to the ground in front of her. It was a new technique she had been practicing, and she made a mental note to keep that one around.

"Lux, once I get them out, you sneak in. I'll meet you by the ship, deal?" There was no response. "Lux?" She heard a thump above her head and smiled. So much for not fitting in the vents.

Well, here goes nothing, she thought opening the door.

There was an audible gasp as everyone picked up their heads and saw Ahsoka. A second Inquisitor was standing with the Fourth Brother, his yellow eyes unsettling her.

"You must be the Jedi I've been told about. I am the Grand Inquisitor. I've been trained in the ways of the force and feel no shame in helping you meet your end."

"Dying wasn't on my to-do list for today. If you want to bring me back to your Emperor, you'll have to come and get me. And one more thing–" She called her lightsabers to her hands from the Fourth Brother's belt and let their blades light up the doorway. "I'm no Jedi."