Chapter 2: Blank

Taylor and I had called dibs on the music studio - well, I did. She didn't seem too impressed upon entering the sound room five minutes after I had bolted in there myself.

"There you are," I said, giving her a smile and hoping she'd return this one like she did earlier. She didn't. She just stared at me, blankly. I cleared my throat feeling very awkward. "We should get writing."

"That's the point of this all," she said, sarcastically. I knew it was directed at me, but I still found it funny. Probably because it was one of the only times she ever spoke - the first time she ever spoke to me.

We entered the recording room and Taylor pulled a notebook out of her bag. It was light blue, which really brought out her eyes.

"Alright," she said, opening the notebook to a new page. I liked how she was taking this seriously, because that's exactly what I needed. Somebody to keep me heading in the right direction. "What are we writing our first song about?"

Our first song of many, I added in my head. (I am aware that at times I can be quite pathetic.)

"Hmm," I thought.

"What's something really meaningful to you?" Taylor prompted.

I racked my brain for ideas. "Food," I decided, looking at Taylor in hopes that she would laugh.

Instead, she stared at me, bemused. 

"You should really be taking this seriously," she lectured. "Do you want to get kicked out of the program?"

I sighed. "I know, I'm sorry," I said. "Um, being on the road."

Taylor raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

"Being on the road is meaningful to me," I clarified. Taylor nodded.

"Okay, we'll start with that, then."

The rest of the afternoon was filled with Taylor and I working on that song. No jokes, no laughing, no fun. Just strict, determined songwriting.

+++

"So, Theo, you finally got your wish," James said as the four of us sat in the back of the Muttcracker with chips and soda. Neither of us wanted to go home yet, so we were just chilling together. "Taylor acknowledged your existence today."

I rolled my eyes, throwing a chip at the boy. "Shut up," I replied. "It was kind of awful."

They all started laughing.

"I knew it," John said. "She's too serious for you."

I shook my head. "Nah, it wasn't entirely that," I admitted. "It was just . . . I don't know, I felt like every idea I had for our song, she hated."

"Did she tell you she hated them?" James asked.

I hesitated. "No," I elongated the word, not wanting to admit my insecurities that had risen from this crush. "But, she did seem really distant when we were writing it and made almost no suggestions."

"Dude, that's just what she's like. It's Taylor; Queen of No Emotion," John said. "I'm sure she loved it."

I nodded. Normally, staying positive was easy for me to do, but when it came to Taylor I felt like I nothing I did would ever be good enough. Maybe I should just forget about it, I thought. Let her be with a guy who is more mature than me, less excited about things. Someone more like her.

"Well I, for one, had a horrible experience," James said. "Jude literally rejected every idea I had. I swear the dude hates me."

"Maybe that's because you called alliteration rhyming," Luke pointed out.

"Yeah, and?"

"The dude is King of Rhymes!" Luke exclaimed. "You just don't do that."

James shrugged. "Whatever, he's probably racist."

John and I both turned to James in disbelief but Luke told us to just leave it, so we did.

"What about you, John? I feel like you got the best partner out of all of us," Luke said.

John nodded. "Yeah, it was alright . . . I mean, we get along," he replied, sounding incredibly dishonest.

"What actually happened?" I asked.

John sighed. "I honestly don't know. We have such a similar writing style, really, and our sound is practically the same. But the things we both wrote about really made up for all the other clashes we didn't encounter. She wanted to write about heartbreak, I wanted to write about love. She wanted to write about backstabbing friends, I wanted to write about how much I love you guys." John seemed really torn up about this. "I just . . . I don't think we can do it."

"Hey, come on now. You guys will figure it out," Luke encouraged. "You and Maggie are two of the most talented songwriters I know. You'll find a way to combine your ideas."

"Yeah, maybe," John said, although he really didn't sound like he believed it. "But, hey, what about you? How was Leia?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah, it was really great," he said. "Well, I mean, at first Leia was acting a little weird but then when I asked her why, she stopped and we finished a song."

"Wait," John said, laughing. "You actually asked her why she was being so weird?"

"Well, yeah," Luke admitted, completely oblivious - always. We all started laughing and Luke looked at us, confused. "Why? What's wrong with that? Why are you guys being weird?"

Neither of us replied, deciding to just leave it to Luke to finally figure out why he is an idiot himself.

"Wait, John," I said, grabbing all their attention again. "You wanted to a write a song about us?"

"Aw, cute!" James said, teasing John. "Group hug!"

"No, I didn't mean it," John lied, regretting saying anything. It was too late though, we were all already on top of him in what was supposed to be a group hug but just ended in a stacks on.

A/N: So, what did you guys think of this chapter? And what do you think of Taylor?

Next chapter, Taylor and Theo spend lots of time together, and she helps take him to eleven (sorry Mary, you've been replaced).

If you liked this chapter, please vote, comment and follow! Also, if you share this with your L&F/TNS fan-friends, that would be amazing, too.

Next chapter will be up on Friday!

Question of the Chapter: What do you think of Lukeia? Personally, I hope they become the Jiley of Lost and Found (minus the break up whoops)

Thank you for reading, I love you all,

-C xx