Chapter 6: Dance, Part 1

The nightmare had only just begun.

I finally had my first ever date to a dance with the girl I had been crushing on for almost a year and who, only by some crazy kind of miracle, didn't hate me. And here I was, in my car that was refusing to start.

I checked the time and it was six o'clock, but I had told Taylor I would pick her up at 6.30. I wanted to leave early so I could stop and buy her flowers, giving the two of us the full high school dance experience (and also, I just really wanted to buy her flowers).

Taking advantage of the time gap that my romantic ways had given me, I called the only person I knew would have a car.

"Sorry, dude, I'm at work right now," Luke said after I had asked him if he could lend me Pink Midnight.

"Why are you on your phone at work?" I asked.

"Well, not gonna lie, the boss has been MIA since I got here," he replied, honestly. Luke worked at the dodgiest bowling alley in Canada. "I get off in half an hour, though, and then I can drive to yours."

"Thanks, man. You're the best, honestly," I said. I was so beyond thankful I couldn't even believe I knew someone as generous as Luke.

"Anytime, bro. I love you," Luke said.

"Love you, too. I'll see you soon."

"Yep, in half an hour." Luke hung up and I started feeling okay again.

That is, until I went to message Taylor that I was going to be late. I was about to text her when I realised I never got her number. So I sent her a message on Facebook, but the last time she was active was one week ago.

I just prayed that she decided to go on Facebook that night. 

+++

It was 7 o'clock when Luke arrived. He sped down my street in Pink Midnight, and left the keys in the ignition as he practically jumped out of the car.

"Sorry, my boss finally showed up and held me back," Luke rushed out and then threw the keys to me. "Here! Go get your girl."

I smiled and gave Luke a massive hug. "You can stay at mine until I get back," I told him.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna have a nap," Luke said, sounding exhausted.

I got in the van that was still running and beeped the horn at Luke, making him jump on his path to my front door. I could imagine him entering, giving my mum a hug, shaking my dad's hand, and then walking upstairs without any explanation and taking a nap.

I smiled; Luke was the most reliable friend I had, and that was something I never wanted to take advantage of.

+++

I arrived at Taylor's house, pulling up to the front curb that I was now familiar with. To my surprise, she was sitting on her front step, waiting for me. I felt a pang of guilt as I watched her sitting out in the cold by herself - God knows how long she had been waiting.

I got out of the car and made my way up to the girl who was looking down at her shoes, probably wondering when I was going to get there.

"Hey," I said. When Taylor looked up she broke out into a grin and immediately stood up. She looked so beautiful, in a white lace dress and brown boots that matched her brown cardigan. It was a typical Taylor outfit.

"I thought you weren't going to come," she said and I felt bad again, scared that I may have lost her trust.

"I could never stand you up," I admitted. "I was just having some car issues."

Taylor looked past my shoulder at the van and laughed. "I see."

I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful she looked in that moment. "You look beautiful," I told her. 

She rolled her eyes but was smiling as she looked down, clearly shy when it came to compliments. I decided I was going to compliment her every time I saw her.

I held my arm out for Taylor to link hers with mine. "My lady," I said.

She looked up and rolled her eyes again, but still linked her arm with mine. "My lord," she said, in a fake British accent. 

As we walked to the van, all I could think was how I must have been the luckiest guy in the world.

+++

We arrived at the dance and I will admit, I felt like a boss. I had my own ride, my own date and as soon as we entered, I was swarmed by my friends. My life, in that moment, was perfect.

"Oh my goodness, you're here!" Georgia said as she saw Taylor. The two hugged and then Georgia grabbed my date's hand. "This is perfect, come with me and I'll show you those guys I was talking about."

The two ran off and I waved after them. "Yeah, hey Georgia," I said to the vanishing figure.

"What guys is she talking about?" Mark asked, looking at me. I shrugged and Mark watched after the girls, clearly jealous.

Tim and I shared a look of amusement at their best friend. Then Tim pulled me into a hug.

"How's it going, brother?" 

I shrugged. "You know, pretty good - Taylor's my date to this dance, so that's like, you know, nothing." Sarcasm seeped through my voice as Tim and Mark both began smiling, knowingly.

"Mate, I can't express how proud I am of you," Mark said, patting his shoulder.

"I literally just asked and she said yes," I explained, still amazed by how easy it was to get Taylor to be my date.

"Dude, she totally likes you," Tim said. "You said it yourself - her going out with us seemed out of character for her."

I shook my head. "Nah, there was a little more involved, but I don't know," I said, looking over at where Taylor and Georgia were standing, Georgia pointing at people and Taylor nodding. "I think I might have a chance."

A/N: So, what did you guys think? Do you think Taylor likes Theo? Comment your thoughts.

Next chapter, the night takes a turn for better and a turn for worse (oooooh, the suspense!).

If you enjoyed this chapter and are keen to see what happens later on in the night, then please vote, comment, share and follow me!

Question of the chapter: Who is your favourite lafms girl? Mine is Eva - she's amazing. Comment your answer below!

Next update on Friday hehe <3

Thank you so much for reading, I love you all,

-C xx