Chapter 15: Farewell

The rose room floor was covered in crumbs from chips. People were scattered everywhere, eating snacks and drinking soda. A banner that was once hanging from the wall but was now hanging by a thread read 'FAREWELL TAYLOR'.

It was Taylor's farewell before she left for the program. Everybody now knew what was going on, and although it was expected to be sad and awkward, the vibe of the party was nothing but pure joy and excitement and support.

I watched with a smile on my face as Taylor and Eva exchanged numbers. "Give me a call before you leave, if you're nervous or anything," Eva told her. "I'm here for you."

Taylor was beaming a smile so genuine, if it had been a week ago, I would have felt jealous of Eva. However, now I was just happy to see her happy. She deserved it – the support, the friendships, all of it. I felt a pang of guilt, wondering why I hadn't encouraged her to pursue a relationship with the other Lost & Found members earlier.

But seeing her smile made me forget about it in an instant. She was happy now, and that's all that mattered.

After about an hour of me hanging with the boys and Taylor with Eva and Mary, I finally decided it was time to give her my going away present.

I got up off the stage where I had been sitting, and walked over to where the girls were talking.

"Hey, Taylor," I said, grabbing their attention. Taylor smiled up at me, the same genuine smile she had given Eva. I didn't have to do anything to receive it. "Can I steal you for a moment?"

Taylor nodded. "Of course," she said. I don't know what compelled me to, but I held my hand out for her to take and she did, interlocking our fingers without hesitation.

I grinned. This is what it was going to be like from now on.

I led her into the control room and told her to wait as I began to set up in the studio.

"This one is for you," I told her. "Our fifth and final song."

I began playing the song I had been writing all week. It was a special song, because it was my first love song where I actually knew what I was writing about. It was about Taylor.

"Eyes look upon at me,
And my nerves kick in,

Spirits connected,

We're paper thin."

I continued singing my song, Moving You, until I finally finished. When I was done, I didn't get any reply at first and I was scared it would become a John and Michelle moment. But then Taylor walked out of the control room, into the studio where I was.

Without a single word, she walked right up to me and planted her lips on mine in our most mutual kiss yet. The one kiss turned into a quick make out until I remembered we had a party of people waiting for her in the other room.

I pulled back and Taylor was beaming so bright, it warmed my heart to see. I had made her that happy. Me.

"When you're back from the program," I told her, finally breaking the silence in which we simply smiled and stared into each other's eyes. "I'll be here. Waiting for you."

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Taylor replied, leaning up to give me a quick peck.

Once I had packed everything up, we exited the recording studio and walked back into the rose room, our hands together and our fingers interlocked.

A/N: SHORT CHAPTER, BUT IT'S THE FINALE!!!! (I mean, besides the epilogue that will be up after this)

What did you guys think of the last chapter? I know it was kind of disappointing and there was so much more that could have happened, but I just wasn't really feeling it anymore. After I post the epilogue, however, I will be posting a list of things that I had planned to do in this story but never got around to due to a loss in interest.

Thank you so much for reading this, you all mean the world to me!

FINAL Question of the Chapter: Who would you like me to write about next? (Other than Lukeia cause like that's the obv answer lol - don't worry, I'm working on a Lukeia fic, too).

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, THANK YOU FOR THIS,

-C xx