5 You can run but you can't hide

Charlie's pov
All I could hear was the sound of my breath while I was hiding in a dark ally behind a beat up car.

I breathed in and out, in and out.

Suddenly I heard the sound of footsteps coming past me. I shoved my hand across my mouth to quiet my breathing but I had a feeling he could still hear me.

"Oh Charlie, you can run but you can't hide."

Time jump to back after the day Charlie skipped school

Charlie's pov

I really needed to work out so I headed over to Jake's gym bringing my mask with me because I had this gut feeling that I would need it.

When I got to the gym I looked in the window and saw Ryder talking to Jake. Good thing O brought my mask so I can work out as Blade and Ryder won't recognize me as Charlie. On another note I wondered how Jake new Ryder and why they looked like they were in a heated argument.

I walked into the gym with my mask on and my bruises and tattoos on full display. In fact the only thing you couldn't see in the clothes I was wearing was my scars from Luke. The only person who has seen those is Luke himself. Nobody else even knows what he did to me or that I even know Luke.

When I get to my punching bag in the gym all eyes are on me since Blade is the top street fighter. I feel one pair of eyes staring at me epically hard and I turn and see Ryder looking.

After I finish my workout I go to talk to Jake about how he knows Ryder.

"You know Ryder?"

"Yea were um close I guess you could say."

"How?"

"Well he is my brother."

Ryder is Scar who is Jake's brother. I have found out all of this man's weaknesses in under a week. If he really is the leader of Black Roses he must not be a very good one if I can get that information so easily.

"Blade."

"Who are you?" I ask knowing very well that it was Ryder, but he can't know that yet.

"I'm Scar we fought last week."

"Oh now I remember kicking your ass."

"About that I don't appreciate losing and I'm sure my gang The Black Roses doesn't want their leader to lose his title of champion so how about a rematch."

Wow. This guy must be terrible at what he does. I know all of his secrets and will easily be able to take down and kill his gang now that I know the leader and his weaknesses.

"I will fight you again, just know you will lose again. Also don't scare me with your gang leader shit because first I don't get scared and second you are a terrible gang leader."

"What. Why am I a terrible gang leader?"

"Well if I told you that would make me an even worse one."

I walked away and started to walk home after that conversation.

Ryder's pov

Wait Blade is a gang leader. What gang could she possibly be in charge of that would allow a girl to be their leader. There is one gang that I just recently found out had a female leader, but Three Guns is much too powerful for somebody like Blade to lead them.

"Hey Jake you know Blade right."

"Yea why?"

"Well I saw you talking to her earlier and I was wondering if you knew anything about her being in a gang?"

"No, and I think it's best if you stay away from her."

My conversation with Jake just made me more angry. I needed to blow of some steam.

I drove back to our gang house and walked straight into the prisoner's cells.

"Hey asshole let me out of here!"

This guy picked the wrong day to mess with me. A loud bang was heard then the sound of a body hitting the ground. I felt much better now.

Charlie's pov

As I was walking home I felt as if somebody was watching me. I turned around, but there was nobody there. I kept walking, but still had the feeling.

When I was about to walk down the alley that cut through to my dad's house I heard somebody call my name. It wasn't just anybody it was the only person that made me scared. The person who broke me and left me to pick up the pieces. Luke.

"Darling I told you I'd be back."

"L-luke go away, please."

"Sorry but that isn't going to happen."

He tried to grab me by the arm but i sprinted down the alley and hid.

All I could hear was the sound of my breath while I was hiding in the dark ally behind a beat up car.

I breathed in and out, in and out.

Suddenly I heard the sound of footsteps coming past me. I shoved my hand across my mouth to quiet my breathing but I had a feeling he could still hear me.

"Oh Charlie you can run but you can't hide."

That was the last think I heard before I felt the familiar feeling of a knife being dug into my skin. This time though it was on my leg instead of back. I guess Luke doesn't care who sees his mark now.

I was screaming in pain and for somebody to help me, but nobody came.

••••••••••••••••
A/N

Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions, questions or feedback please comment. Anyways thanks again please stick with this story it is going to get so much better.