28 Love?

Charlie's pov

"No you don't"

I slammed the door shut.

Ryder can not just walk up to my house and tell me he loves me. I don't do love and neither should he.

I need to get out.

I opened the door.

"Yes I do."

"Fuck you Ryder."

Who the fuck does he think he is. I walked into my basement and got the first gun I could find. I walked back up to the door and opened it.

Before Ryder could say anything stupid this time I shot him in the foot.

I slammed the door and walked back inside. I put a few thousand dollars and three guns in a backpack and walked out the backdoor.

Ryder's pov

Mother fucking shit bag.

She shot me.

Again.

This time it was probably my fault. I should have done a better job, I shouldn't have kept screwing her, I should have taken her out and showed her how much I cared.

Right now I need to take care of my foot. I will come back tomorrow to talk to Charlie again.

Skip to tomorrow

Knock knock knock

"Open the door Charlie. I have been knocking for over 11 hours."

I set down the crutches I was now using and sat down on Charlie's front steps giving myself a break. It was now about 11:30 pm and I have been here since noon.

Needless to say Charlie has not opened the door yet.

I lifted my head up out of my lap because I could hear the sound of tires screeching and I saw headlights swerving across the road and into the driveway. The car somehow was parked sideways in the driveway and the door opened. Charlie clearly drunk out of her mind stepped out of the drivers side and stumbled toward me.

"I'm not buying cookies get out of my house."

"Charlie it's me Ryder."

"Who is Ryder?" She said as she fell into my arms.

"What the hell Charlie. Are you high too? You smell like weed and vodka."

"Somebody was mean to me so I had to go away." Were the last words she could spit out before passing out in my arms.

I grabbed her keys out of her hand and dragged her inside while limping on one leg. Thank god her gang wasn't here or I would have been shot again.

I eventually got her situated in bed and decided I would stay with her. I was sitting on the ground next to her bed when she started to talk again.

"Hello, who is here?"

"It's me Ryder."

She paused for a few minutes and I thought she had fallen asleep until I heard

"Will you lay with me?"

"Are you going to shoot me?"

"Only if you say no."

"Then yes."

I hobbled into her bed and wrapped my arms around her.

"Charlie"

"Hmm"

"I still love you."

She shot out of bed.

"No you don't you just love sleeping with me. Just like everyone else." She started to walk away from me toward the door.

"No, I'm not like Luke or your family."

"That's what you think."

And after that she ran outside while I hobbled after her. I made it outside in time to see the headlights drive away, but this time they didn't swerve once.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thoughts?

Vote and comment

Comment some good books!!