9 Darkness

Ryder's pov

"Did you find him?" I asked Zach who I had entrusted to track down whoever Luke was.

"No I can't find anyone named Luke in her family or connected to her at all.

"Ok, leave then and keep looking."

I have tried everything on Charlie she just won't break. We have starved her, cut her, shocked her, and even shot her again in the leg, but she will not break or even shed a single tear. At first I just wanted to kill her, but now she has become a puzzle that I need to solve.

Charlie's pov

I hear footsteps coming towards me and figure it is Ryder coming to torture me again. He has done everything to me, and there have been times I wanted to give in but I haven't. I need to finish my list it has become the only thing that matters to me.

I hear the door open and expect to see Ryder but it is someone who I've never seen before.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Zach."

"Why are you here?"

"Who's Luke?" Zach said as he pointed to the scars on my legs, arms and back.

I tried to remain calm so as not to show the fear even just hearing that name causes me. "I don't know."

He slapped me and said "If you want I can go get Ryder but I'd rather just have you tell me, who is Luke."

I laughed, "Ryder, I'm not scared of Ryder the pain he causes me has no effect."

It is nothing compared to what Luke did to me and will do again if I don't kill him, I whispered to myself.

"Fine just know that I will find Luke, whoever he is." He hit me one more time then walked out.

That statement sent chills down my back, and I knew I had to escape now or else they would find Luke and bring him here. If they brought Luke he would break me into a million pieces. I need to escape and kill Luke.

After Zach left I spent the rest of the day thinking of how to escape and I created a plan. First the next time Ryder comes in I am going to take them as a hostage to get out of this hellhole without getting shot or stabbed again.

After I had the hostage I was going to walk right out of the front door. From there I would ditch Ryder for now and focus on finding and killing Luke.

I looked around the cell for anything sharp or any blunt object that I could use as a weapon for when I use Ryder as a hostage, but I couldn't find anything, but that was expected. Any decent gang leader knows to clean out a cell before putting a prisoner in. It looks like I'm going to find out just how much being tortured and beaten for two weeks has effected my fighting skills.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the short chapter but more action will come soon! Please vote and comment and thanks for all the reads! Also guys I haven't decided how I am going to end the book yet but I have a longer and shorter version. Which would you like? They are both as interesting and action packed! Let me know.