On Guard (or not)

Somewhere in the Underworld...

"Okay, we have the Black Blade. Now what?" A familiar voice asks impatiently.

"Isn't it obvious?" Another asks sarcastically. "Long ago, Sensei Wu and Master Yo were having an expedition in the Valley of Sorrow. They discovered a glowing jade sphere buried underneath its earth. Enchanted by this mysterious treasure, the two of them brought the jade with them. It turned out to be a big mistake. By the time they returned to their village, the jade unleashed a tremendous amount of energy without warning and destroyed more than half of the inhabitants' homes and businesses. No one got hurt but one can't ignore the fact that it was a danger to society. Fearing of what it can do if fallen into the wrong hands, Sensei Wu and Master Yo hid the Jade away from prying eyes and dubbed it 'The Jade of Destruction'."

"Wait. If it was hidden away, how did you find out about it in the first place?"

"I did my research. I found out that they placed the jade in a chest that's sealed with Master Yo's unspoken lock technique. In order to unlock it, you have to get Yo's Black Blade. We need the Jade of Destruction because if you combine it with a very powerful source, it will become an indestructible weapon," another voice explains.

"How are we gonna get this jade you spoke of? The Ninja are probably on high alert now." Inferno, the creature that took the Black Blade, wonders.

"We won't. But the robot will," the voice who explained chuckles.

In the Bounty... Zane's POV

We just hear Sensei's story about the jade. It was quite fascinating. Though there is something that's bugging me.

"Hold on, Sensei," I say. "If the jade is that dangerous, would it be more efficient to destroy it?"

Sensei Wu shakes his head.

"While the Jade possesses destructive powers, it is also indestructible. We can't destroy it. That is why Master Yo and I hid it away. But because it's almost found, we resorted to holding on to it," he answers. "I just placed the chest in a room within the Bounty. I am worried that Inferno will seek it. You all should take turns in guarding it."

"Yes, sensei," my brothers and I reply.

"So...who'll go first?" Kai asks.

According to my calculations, I'll be able to stay awake for a longer period of time. It could give the others enough rest. Perhaps, I will go first─

First will be too suspicious...second should do it.

"Huh? What was that? P.I.X.A.L, was that you?"

No Zane.

What? Then who...

"I'll go first," Lloyd says.

"Hey Zane, what's wrong?" Nya asks with concern. She seems to notice my confusion back then.

"Nothing," I answer.

(So. This means mysterious voice, this means Zane, and this means P.I.X.A.L)

You'll go next.

"I'll go next," I say.

What? Why am I following this mysterious voice? I sense something strange is going on.

After deciding, the rest of us except Lloyd go to bed.

Hmm...perfect...

I'm about to go to bed when─

Z-Zane, I-I'm glit-tch-ing o-ou-t

"P.I.X.A.L?"

Shut down.

What? I am... What's happening...

Okay. Finally, I got him to sleep. I should get out of here.

***

3RD PERSON POV

Zane gets out of bed, but for some reason, his eyes are green. He notices that he is somehow lying down on─

The door opens.

"Oh. Zane, it's your turn," Lloyd informs.

The titanium ninja just nods.

He waits for Lloyd to sleep and then goes to the room.

...

A mysterious figure opens the door to the chest where Zane is supposed to be guarding.

Thing is, Zane is in a deep sleep. (OK, this is obviously me, DarthPrincess writing because I always put the words ''thing is'' in my stories)

The mysterious figure brings out the Black Blade.

He has a smirk on his face.

He uses the tip of the Black Blade to open the chest.

He grabs what's inside and replaces it with something much more interesting.

Hehehe...

Ninjago | Phantom's Bug On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara