Chapter 6

I remember walking through the town market and people throwing things at my mom.

"Mom" I cried terrified "I'm scared" she kneeled down, her platinum blonde hair framing her face beautifully regardless of the food chunks in it from the meanies throwing things.

One man, selling bottled water due to the scorching hot day, threw every last bottle he had and mom smiled at me.

"Wanna see a magic trick?" I nodded, all of the bottles around me burst and the water in them was combined together, under the burning sun, a beautiful rainbow was made.

"See that honey, you can do great things like that too" she pinched my cheeks as the townspeople stood mortified at the sight in front of them.

"I can make rainbows?!" I asked excitedly

"Not exactly, but you can make it snow if you try really hard"

I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my fists, nothing happened.

"Maybe not yet, but I bet it'll be soon darling"

Enoch's P.O.V

"I'm...unstable" Lily dropped to the ground with a soft thud.

"NO!" Miss Peregrine shouted. Every bit of ice or snow that she created was sucked back into her body. Her veins bulged in some places.

"Horace! Enoch! What did you do?!" Miss P shouted, we both stayed silent and looked at each other.

"Bronwyn! Emma!" she yelled as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. The two girls came from the house and Emma screamed, backing away.

"Is...she dead?!" Miss P shook her head

"Bronwyn, please take her into my study, Emma, you'll have to warm her again"

Bronwyn picked Lily up bridal style and glared at Horace and I on the way inside. Emma followed closely.

"Ugh!" Miss P groaned "You boys are ridiclous!" she stomped inside, I kept looking at Horace.

"Tell me the truth.." he spoke softly

"She said she thought you were just being nice, she told me she loves me" I got to my feet

Horace nodded and glumly walked inside, I stared at where Lily was kneeling with her fists at the ground.

Lily's P.O.V

Daddy was pushing me on a swing, it was a beautiful day and I think I was six now. My pigtails blew in the wind as I swung.

Then I was learning how to ride a bike. Then I was eight. A scary man tried to hurt me, I pushed him away and froze his chest in the process, gasping as it started to snow in August, I ran all the way home.

"Mommy! I made it snow! Come look!" I pulled her to the man who was fully incased in ice "he tried to hurt me so I pushed him then it started to snow!"

Mommy looked down at the man and grimaced.

"Lily, honey" mommy kneeled down to my height "don't go outside for a while"

"But..why? I like outside"

"I won't go outside either, we'll have a snow day inside, how about that?" I smiled really big and held her finger as we walked home.

"Can we have cocoa?" I jumped around and she nodded with a smile.

Enoch's P.O.V

I sat down at my workstation and looked at the little clay man Lily had sculpted, he really did look awful, but I kept him regardless.

Lions. Lily likes lions! I quickly started sculpting a lion, I would get Emma to cook it then I would borrow some of the Twins' paint and I would paint it, then maybe, I would bring it to life for her.

I started to sing as I sculpted.

"I thought I saw the devil, this morning
Looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
With the warning to help me see myself clearer
I never meant to start a fire,
I never meant to make you bleed,
I'll be a better man today"

I rarely ever sung but I just made up lyrics as I went along

"My past has tasted bitter for years now,
So I wield an iron fist
Grace is just weakness
Or so I've been told.
I've been cold, I've been merciless
But the blood on my hands scares me to death
Maybe I'm waking up today"

I was almost done now, with the sculpting, it actually turned out better than I expected.

"I'll be good, I'll be good
And I'll love the world, like I should
Yeah, I'll be good, I'll be good
For all of the times I never could."

Okay so the painting was awful but the lion doesn't look bad, right?

Then I asked Fiona to grow me some lilacs, she grew more than she had to, honestly I didn't need that many but now I had a bouquet.

A month later

She's gone...I've accepted it...it's been a fucking month...she still isn't awake. Miss Peregrine said her blood was almost completely ice, if all of it turned, she would cease to exist.

The lilacs withered and died, that stupid lion just stares at me all day. Emma is irritable because she hasn't been able to sleep because she's constantly warming Lily, Horace hasn't slept at all since Lily fell "asleep" because he doesn't want to see what will happen, Millard has been studying his ass off, everything containing peculiars that can control frost, I haven't slept, I just lay down on the right side my bed, trying to savor her scent.

Honestly everyone's a wreck, even Bronwyn, she hardly eats. Connor paces in his alternate form outside of Miss Peregrines door, the only reason I even come out of my room anymore is to shower and use the loo, afterwards, I'm staring at the same four walls again.

"Enoch!" Emma yelled flinging my door open "she's waking up! Miss P paged another lady that manipulates frost named Althea from a tourist loop and honestly it was a simple fix!"

Emma really looked bad, her dark circles were most noticeable and she was struggling to keep her balance.

"Hurry!" despite my tiredness I threw myself out of bed and kneeled beside the couch in Miss Peregrines study.

"E...Enoch..." Lily mumbled, I held her hand.

"I'm here baby, whatever you need" I brushed her hair from her face with my free hand.

"I...lu...luh you.." Her speech was slurred, I can only imagine what she was going through.

"I love you too" I kissed her forehead softly.