Chapter 7

Enoch's P.O.V

Well, Lily is getting better, she has to be helped around the house sometimes but other than that she's doing just fine, after a week she finally started eating on her own and stuff like that.

"Hey baby" I said sitting next to her on the sofa, she was staring blankly at the wall. Okay, well maybe I optimised it a bit, she's okay except that her peculiarity froze part of her second soul so she's not really all there, she hasn't spoken a word since she fully woke up.

"Are you hungry?" no answer "I'm gonna make us some sandwiches if you're okay with that" no answer.

When I got back from making her favorite sandwhich, turkey and swiss cheese on white bread, she was standing at the window, watching the others play outside.

Lily wasn't allowed outside anymore, Miss Peregrine said her second soul was damamged and Hollows could sense it easier, though Hollows can't enter a loop we still don't want them banging around outside of it.

Lily had gotten a lot paler, and skinnier, I think lack of sunlight is bad for you, dark circles ringed her eyes and bags drooped below her eyelids.

"Here sweetie" I set the plate down on the coffee table and she turned to face me.

Lily kneeled down at the table and picked up her sandwich, she looked up at me, a silent thank you. I kissed her head.

"I love you" she kept eating as I sat next to her with my hand on her knee.

Emma walked in, she looked as if she was about to cry.

"Enoch" Emma said glancing at Lily "can I speak with you?"

Lily's P.O.V

"Enoch, can I speak with you?" Emma asked as I kept eating my sandwich, Enoch grumbled but agreed.

They had been gone a while now, so I grabbed my plate so sandwich crumbs wouldn't drop on the floor and went to find them.

"I just really miss Abe" I heard Emma say. I peeked around the corner and Enoch was hugging her hes just being a good friend I thought while swallowing the last bite of my sandwich.

Then he pushed her against the wall and kissed her, the plate started to freeze in my hand.

"I miss our little sessions.." Emma's cheeks got red "ever since Lily got here...they haven't been happening, it really was a great stress reliever"

The plate fell from my hands before I could catch it.

Enoch and Emma's heads both snapped to look at me. There were so many things I wanted to say, but I just, couldn't.

I just looked sadly at Enoch and shook my head.

"What is with all th-" Miss Peregrine marched in, hearing the breaking of the plate alarmed her, but then she saw Emma and Enoch frozen in place and gasped.

"Enoch O'Connor!" she shouted "I did not take in a run-around! I thought I'd taught you better! You might as well go back to London and stand on the street with those showy girls!" I was shaking.

Enoch walked right past us and down to his room.

"As for you!" Miss Peregrine pointed a finger at Emma and edged closer "what would Abe think?!"

"Abe isn't here to think anything! So it doesn't bloody matter!" Emma stomped upstairs and I bent down to pick up the plate pieces.

"No dear, I'll go get the broom" she left me standing there, shaking "here you go" she handed me the broom and dustpan "you poor thing, you've been through so much" she hugged me.