Chapter 11

Enoch's P.O.V

After Horace came home he told me what happened and showed me the empty wine bottle to prove it. I sighed and walked out in the pouring rain to look for her.

I'm not mad, technically we weren't a thing but that'll change.

After our chat I carried her home and put her to bed.

The next morning I woke up really early and took a picnic blanket and basket. I made her favorite sandwich, two of them and cut it into triangles like she likes. Then I made my sandwiches and packed them in a basket along with a jar of rat hearts and some clay figures along with her lion I made but hadn't shown her yet and some lilacs.

I went to the garden and spread out the blanket and trailed rose petals as a path. Then I went back to my room and put a note on my side of the bed.

Lily's P.O.V.

I rolled over, expecting to feel Enoch's tight embrace but instead I heard the crinkle of paper and started to panic. Quickly I sat up and grabbed the paper.

To: Lily
From: Enoch ❤

Dear, Lily
You're probably freaking out right now. Calm down sweetheart. Happy birthday. Follow the rose petals to get your surprise.

Love, Enoch

Confused I got dressed in a nicer dress and followed the trail of rose petals.

They went to the garden, I followed them to a picnic blanket and Enoch was laying on it, looking at the clouds.

"Good morning baby" I yawned, I saw him smile, Enoch sat up and patted the spot next to him.

"What's all this about?" I asked sitting next to him "you should be pissed"

"It's your birthday, we need to celebrate" he tucked my hair behind my ear "I made your favorite. Turkey and cheese cut into little triangles"

I smiled.

"You even cut them into little triangles?!" Enoch nodded and pulled one out, I gladly took a bite "I like them cut into triangles so I can eat them from the middle and get more turkey and cheese" Enoch laughed and rolled his eyes as he pulled out his sandwich.

"This isn't really breakfast but what the hell" he shrugged.

"So. How old are you today?"

"17. How do you not know? How old will you be on December 3rd?" I asked, Enoch stopped eating.

"Hell I don't even keep count anymore. Ninetyyyyyy...five? Ninety six? I don't keep count" I forgot how loops worked...

"So..you're way older than me.." I started playing with my fingers.

"Baby you're doing your nervous thing when you play with your fingers...what's wrong?" Enoch put his hand on my cheek.

"It's just...what if something happens...to the loop and you...die.." Enoch's eyes widened.

"Oh baby...no no...Miss Peregrine knows what she's doing...don't think like that" tears started to well up in my eyes.

"I couldn't survive if you died..."

"Here, I made you something" Enoch pulled out a little clay lion, painted and everything, Enoch's initials were carved in the bottom EO'C, then he put a heart in it and it sprang to life.

Prancing around me, I stared at it with a smile.

Enoch's P.O.V.

Lily watched her lion with a smile, her hair perfectly fell in her face and the sunlight was just right and she was beautiful.

"Lily?" she looked up at me "will you be my girlfriend?" she nodded and rolled her eyes

"Of course you dummy" she hugged me and we finished our sandwiches.

This one was short too but I haven't had a lot of time to make a longer one.