Chapter 3 || Revelation

• Didedikasikan kepada All the boys from The Outsiders and S.E.Hinton

{ Sodapop's POV }

I walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. Two-Bit had passed out in front of the television and Steve had his face in cake. Typical. Darry looked up at me and smirked.

"You were up there for a while, buddy."

"Shut up Darrel. I was helping her get situated." I said tiredly.

Darry laughed and continued to read his paper. Ponyboy came inside and jumped on the couch.

"So Soda... she's pretty, ain't she?" he laughed.

"Yes Ponyboy she is very pretty." I laughed.

"Do you like her?" he asked poking me in the arm.

"Pony, you're like fourteen. What would you know about 'liking'? Beside the point, I have a girlfriend, remember? Sandy?"

Ponyboy rolled his eyes and slid off the couch. He ran upstairs and slammed what I think was the bedroom door to our room.

Steve walked in with his pants unbuckled and his vest open. He had cake on his face.

"Steve clean that shit off your face." I mumbled.

"It's a snack for later. " he giggled.

Two-Bit woke up and looked at us. He groaned as he hoisted himself up and stretched. This guy is a geezer inside of a young dude.

"I think imma head to the Nightly Double and see If I can pick up a blonde broad like that Sandy of yours." He muttered.

Two-Bit strutted out the door and disappeared into the darkness.

Darry got up and looked at me. "Move your ass, kid brother."

I laughed and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a soda from the fridge. I looked out the window when I saw a couple people brawling out in the field. That's my cue to go out and save whoever Dal is fighting because it's always him out there.

"Shit Dally!" I yelled, running out the back door. I heard Darry behind me.

We approached the two silently. It was Dally, of course, and Tim Shepard his arch nemisis kinda friend.

"Dallas!" Darry yelled.

Dally flipped Tim and jogged over to us. "Yeah?" he replied, wiping blood from his lip.

"What in sam hell are you and Tim brawling for?" Dally laughed.

"I fucked his cousin and he went berzerk." Dally laughed again.

Tim got up and looked at us. "Hey boys." Tim said to me and Darry.

"Hey Tim. Where're your boys? Prison?" I joked.

"Ha ha, real funny Soda." he laughed, punching my arm. Him and Dally looked at each other.

"I will beat you like a nail next time." Dally remarked. Tim laughed and ran away.

"Imma go back to my place. Catch ya later." Dally said, and ran to the house.

I cocked an eyebrow. A little trick I picked up from Two-Bit. This whole situation was just...

"Heck." Darry sighed as he started to walk home.

I got in the house and i saw Ponyboy just laying on the floor looking at the ceiling. I walked over.

"Hey Ponyboy, you okay?" I asked concerned.

"I was just thinking. What if the Socs get me? What if they get any of us? What if they get Johnnycakes again?" He shifted.

I looked down at him. "Are you on dope?"

Pony smiled.

"You know, don't answer that."  I laughed, walking upstairs.

I approached my room when i heard a cry in Darry's room. I decided to investigate. I knocked on the door but heard nothing, so i just opened it. I stepped inside and saw Elizabeth curled up on the bed.

"Elizabeth, are you okay?" i asked.

She looked up at me. Her blues eyes sparkled, even in the darkness. But her eyes had a message written across them. A message that said 'help me'.

"I'm fine. Just overly tired." she explained. I looked at the clock and it was 3:15am.

"It is almost 3:30 in the morning. Why are you still awake?" I sat next to her.

"I just hurt, that's all." she smirked abit but then she looked down quickly.

"It's okay, Elizabeth. Them Socs' ain't gonna hurt you no more." I placed my hand on her back.

She grunted in a low tone. She slid away a little.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"I just... my back hurts."

I looked at her. "Let me see. Maybe you have a cut."

"NO!" she shouted.

"Why not?"

"Because it is my business. It is my own personal private business."

I looked deep into her eyes through her tears. "Show me." I whispered. She sniffled alittle and finally agreed. I lifted up the back of her shirt and saw three red bruises across her back.

"What happened?" I exclaimed.

"My dad was angry." she stuttered.

"Elizabeth, this is serious! When did this happen?"

"Just a while ago." I felt a tear escape my eye.

"That man. That man will get what he deserves soon." I angrily grunted. Elizabeth leaned against my arm and we layed there for a while.

"Sodapop?" Eliza whispered.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Thank you for being my friend. I have nobody."

We laid in silence for a few minutes before she fell asleep. I tucked her in and got up, quietly exiting the room.

I got up and walked to my room where Ponyboy was sitting and reading Gone With The Wind.

"Where were ya , pal?" Ponyboy laughed.

I sat down on the bed. "Talking to a friend." I pulled of my socks.

"Well okay then." He marked his book and slid under the covers. I got into my pajamas and layed down.

"Night Pony."

"Night Soda."

______________________

Last update for a few hours, ayyyyy

.x