Chapter 16 || "Because I don't lie."

{Elizabeth's POV}

"Please, officer. You do not understand! I lost my baby because of that Soc--- err --- young man. Soda was only protecting me! You cannot put him in jail for killing a man outta self defence!" I argued with the officer while I stood in the middle of my holding cell.

The officer looked me up and down with a smirk. "Why should I believe you?"

I closed my eyes and thought quietly. "Because I don't lie."

The officer patted my shoulder. "Well... We'll let you go home with your father and we will keep Sodapop for a night. Just for minor questioning."

"MY FATHER?" I yelled sharply.

I looked down at the officers name tag. 'Officer Dagley'.

"Please Officer Dagley, he is an abusive man! If you let me go home with him, I swear-"

"He is a changed man, Elizabeth! He promised to only do good! We took him under oath!"

I rolled my eyes and puffed out. "People don't change overnight."

Officer Dagley laughed and escorted me out to the waiting room. There sat my father in a small rocking chair. What a piece of shit.

"Elizabeth..." He said softly, walking to me.

I brushed my corse hair behind my ear and made no eye contact. "Father."

He hugged me tightly. I could smell how dirty he was. Ew! That is the only thought in my mind around him.

{Ten minutes later...}

"Well Elizabeth, here we are!" He said, pulling into the driveway to my house. "Have you heard anything from Sofia lately?"

I shook my head no and opened the car door. I scratched the back of my neck as I got out of the buggy and stood up.

Home Sweet Home... Not so sweet when Palovino Moore (that is my fathers name, for the record) was standing in the middle of the house looking for scratches and shit.

"What the fuck is that on the ceiling?" Yelled Palovino.

I felt myself flinch as I walked into the dining room. I covered my mouth to stifle a laugh that was about to escape from my full lips.

"Soda came over a long while ago and he made spaghetti. I guess he got some stuck up there from..."

"From what?" He bellowed.

I covered my mouth. I could feel a scream trying to escape. '
Changed man', my ass!

"From... When we heard gun shots one night. It scared us so bad, that he must've thrown some spaghetti in the air." I lied.

Palovino nodded and walked over to the staircase. "Why was he here?" He said, going up the steps.

I thought up an excuse, but before I could even say the first vowel, I heard Palovino cuss from the hall. OH NO! That is all I thought. I feel fucking stupid. I didn't bother making the bed or anything after Soda's 'stay'!

Palovino ran down the stairs and looked me in the eyes cold. "You're a fucking slut! Just like your sister!"

I covered my mouth again, this time my long fingers were ice cold. I knew I was back to where I started.

Palovino struck my face with his hard, steaming hand. He struck again, and again, and again. By the fifth time, I could feel the blood trickle down my face as I collapsed.

"You are a fucking slut!" He spit at me.

THAT DOES IT.

I round-house kicked his ankles and he came crashing down just as I picked up a folding chair and smacked him with it. He grabbed my legs and started to drag me across the room.

I kicked and screamed but nobody could hear me. That is until I heard shouts from the street and feet run up the front steps.

"Hey!" Screamed the tallest one, as he kicked in the door.

I investigated who they were. And it was none other than Dally, Two-Bit and Steve!

Two-Bit ran over and grabbed Palovino by the shoulder, lifting him up. Two swung a punch at Palovino and knocked him to the ground as Steve body slammed him.

Dally ran over to help me up while all this went down.

"Boy, am I glad to see you guys!" I yelled.

Dally winked at me charmingly and ran over to join the fight.

I admired their bravery from afar. Then I suddenly realized I was daydreaming at a time in which I should be calling the cops. I ran over to the phone and picked up the receiver. I quickly dialed 911. As I turned around, the phone became very limp. I pick up the cord and realized that the old bastard had cut the cord.

He really did want to kill me! Well hot diggity dog.