Chapter 12 || "Yes Soda! Yes!"

(Eliza's POV}

Soda was taking me home, so I just relaxed in the front seat looking out the window. Soda's grip on the steering wheel was tight. His knuckles were really pale from doing that. I reached over and touched his thigh.

"You okay Sodapop?" I asked.

He looked over and smiled. "Yeah. I'm just kinda nervous, that's all."

I smiled. "What about?"

Soda grinned from ear to ear, not taking his eyes off the road. "You'll see."

Soda pulled into the driveway at his house.

"Hey, this isn't my house!" I laughed.

Sodapop took my hand and led into house. We entered into the dark living room. He stopped me right there and breathed in heavily, shakily letting it go.

"Elizabeth, I love you so much." he said.

That's cute, but what is even happening? I already know this. Gosh.

Soda began getting onto one knee and my breath hitched in the back of my throat. I take back what I thought.

He pulled out a silver lined box and opened it. I covered my face with my hands to block my tears. I peered back.

"Will you, Elizabeth Cole, give me the honor of being my lovely bride?"

I started to cry. "Yes Soda! Yes!"

He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me deeply. I clung onto him, kissing deeper. It was like I was electrocuted, all the emotions I felt. I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me!

The other 6 boys walked in, holding a chocolate cake. No shock there.

I looked at Soda, and he picked me up bridal style and he sat down with me on his lap.

"Congratulations!" Johnny exclaimed. He walked over and high fived Sodapop and kissed me on the cheek.

Ponyboy and Darry were looking at each other and then approached us.

"Sodapop Patrick Curtis." Darry said, stiffly.

"Darrel Shaynne Curtis, Jr.?" He laughed.

"If anything happens to Elizabeth," he said with a wink. "I'll kill you."

I laughed and realized that besides joking, he was serious. Only Soda knows I'm pregnant.

"Shit!" I yelled.

I didn't think I was going to say that out loud. Shit! Soda looked at me and twitched.

He whispered in my ear. "We have to tell them."

I looked at him and agreed. "Well Darry, that isn't gonna happen right away." I said shyly.

Everyone looked over.

"Huh?" Two-bit asked.

"Soda, what is she talking about?" Ponyboy asked almost in sync with Darry.

Dally walked over. "Are you... you know?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah. I'm pregnant."

Everyone became quiet, slowly exiting the room. Steve walked over and looked at Soda.

"I didn't think you were that type of guy." he whispered.

Soda let a tear fly from his eye, which was as visible as the switchblade bump in Two-bit's back pocket.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell ya sooner, buddy." Soda replied, glumly.

Steve gave him a shy look and walked out the door. Two-bit walked over and sat down.

"Congrats, man!" he excitedly exclaimed. "Y'all should name him Two-bit!"

I looked at Two-bit, tears welling in my eyes.

"I don't know the gender, dude." I said softly.

Two-bit patted my belly and walked out. I glanced over and saw Ponyboy. He was looking at me and Soda. He was crying.

"Pony..." Soda said, getting up and walking over.

"D-don't touch me." Ponyboy said.

"Ponyboy, it's just-" Soda said, reaching out his hand.

"DONT TOUCH ME! NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME NOW!" Ponyboy screamed, running upstairs.

I got up and looked at Soda. "I should leave." I whispered.

Soda walked over and hugged me. "You live here." he said.

I pulled away."No Soda. I live four blocks over. Away from here."

I started to walk to the door.

"Unless..." I said, turning halfway towards Sodapop. "Unless you want to live in my old house with me and raise a family together."

Soda looked at me with a smirk. "Ya sure?" he asked.

"For sure."

I took his hand and we walked out the door. Might as well get out while we could.

-------------------------------------------------

Five hours passed when we got a phone call.

"Hello? I said.

"Is Soda there?" the other person asked.

"Yeah, here." I said handing him the phone.

"Yeah?" Soda asked. "Aye, Darry. I'm sorry about everyt-" His eyes widened. "Oh my god, i'll be there soon." He looked at me and hung the phone up on the wall.

"Ponyboy fainted and fell down the stairs." he urgently said.

"Well, we have to go to the hospital. It could be really serious!"

 We stepped outside and headed towards the Curtis house. Soda was in mid jog so I just kinda lagged behind. I looked ahead and saw a car pull up across the street.

I squinted and saw Cherry and Marcia get out of the Corvette. They saw me and waved. I waved back and then realized Randy was with them. I looked Randy in the eyes and flipped him off. His face fell and he started cussing me out. I kept walking but I heard footsteps approaching me.

I looked back and Randy was running at me. I looked ahead of me, but Soda was too far ahead.

"Soda!" I yelled, running.

I heard him yell back. Randy was catching up speed. I started to quicken my pace. I was like a bullet going down the sidewalk, me and my small bump. I looked back and Randy was closing in on me. Literally every fucking time I go out this shit happens, and to be quite honest, I'm getting tired of this bullshit.

"Fuck off Randall!" I shouted to him. He was close, but not close enough to grab me. I was in the lead. I can get away. I looked back at him and laughed.

I turned my head fast. Too fast. I tripped over a bump in the sidewalk and started falling. I screamed in pain as soon as I hit the ash fault about 4 meters from where I tripped.

I looked up and saw Soda. And then everything started fading. The... the baby...