Chapter 20 || "Am I gonna be an uncle?"

(( AUTHORS NOTE: Mature subject matter. (Sexual//triggering, y'know) throughout the chapter and others, so this is the only warning I'll be giving, so if you can't stand smut or depressing things... How do I say this politely?... GIT. I still love you though 💗))

{ Soda's POV }

I rubbed my eyes dreamily as I lifted my head off of Elizabeth's shoulder. I checked the clock on the wall next to the dining room entrance.

"Oh shit!" I angrily whispered, gently pushing Elizabeth off of me and getting off the couch.

It's 11:35am. I must've fallen asleep while we was watching Mickey earlier. Darry must've left for work a little while ago because I can still smell the coffee he made. I'm supposed to be at the DX, but I obviously over slept. Poor Steve is working overtime.

I ran a hand through my hair and tip-toed up the staircase. I approached my and Ponyboy's bedroom and quietly slipped in, trying not to wake Pony.

I walk over to my dresser. I pulled open the middle drawer and yanked out a white tee and my DX button up. I exit the room, clothing in hand. I get down to the last step and walk over to the couch. Elizabeth has tipped over and is now laying on her side.. She is so beautiful while she sleeps, and boy does she look fine in that outfit!

I lean down to cover her with the duvet that's crumpled at the right hand side of the couch. As I tug it up to her arms, I notice scratches across Elizabeth's wrists. I didn't know she had a cat. Come to think of it, she's never at her house and the poor thing would be dead. And these be fresh markings. Maybe I should ask her... Nah, she's asleep. It's nothing. I grab her arm and look.

{Elizabeth's POV}

I squint a little when I feel the side of the sofa sink and I recognize Sodapop sitting on his knees, holding up my wrist, inspecting it.

"Soda!" I yell, sitting upright in a split second. "You scared the fuck out of me!" I yank my wrist from his grasp.

"Elizabeth, what happened to your arms?" Soda asks concerned.

I sigh, thinking of excuses. "I guess I got a bug bite or whatever and just scratched it for too long. It happens, Soda."

"Oh..." He nods. He looks puzzled as he rises to go to the bathroom. "But are you okay?"

His eyes were filled with concern.

I nod and slide down under the duvet. "Yeah." I whisper.

I know I am lying straight to Soda's face, but I cannot tell him I've been harming myself. It's just too personal.

Soda closes the bathroom door and I gather my bag I brought with me when I visited this morning. I elevate and head to the door, slipping on my tennis shoes and jacket.

Soda exits the bathroom and walks over to me. He pulls me into him by the waist and crashes his lips onto mine. They taste like mint. I inspect him. His hair is still ungreased.
He looks so sexy with his hair perfectly framing his face. His jawline is just so beautiful, I want to leave love bites all along it. I'm silently wishing that he would take me right here against the door frame, but Ponyboy is upstairs.

"I love you." He whispers to me, kissing my neck, gently nipping my skin.

I smile. "I love you."

"I'll see ya at around nine tonight." Soda said, kissing my forehead. "I'm gonna have to make up to Steve, makin' him work double shift today. Savvy?"

I twirled my fingers through his hair, eyeing him closely. I hate being alone at night. "

"Savvy." I sighed.