Chapter 5 || When Conflict Comes Knockin'

• Dedicated to All the boys from The Outsiders and S.E.Hinton

{ Soda's POV }

It has only been two days and i think i have really fallen for Elizabeth. She is perfect. I could never of asked for a better girl. We had spent the whole day talking and baking, and i can honestly say, it was some of the best fun I have ever had!

I was in the kitchen washing the counter and let her go in the living room. I checked on her every once in a while. She was asleep last time I checked. She is so beautiful I just couldn't help it but go and kiss her perfect little head. I care for her and it has only been less than 24 hours.

The clock said 8:38pm. I have to head down to the Nightly Double. I made a date with Sandy down there but it ain't gonna be a date no more. I walked to the couch and shook Elizabeth.

"Baby, wake up."

Elizabeth opened her eyes and smiled.

"Hey cutie." I said.

"Wanna head down to the Nightly Double? Maybe catch a flick? I heard that Raintree County is playing."

Elizabeth stood up and wrapped her arms around herself. "Okay."

She was about to walk off but I stopped her. I walked to the closet and took out my red plaid work coat. It was too big for her I thought, but as long as she is warm. I handed it to her and she took it and giving me a warm smile.

Ponyboy stepped in through the door woth Johnny.

"Hey Soda." Johnny said, greeting me.

"Hey Johnnycakes." I replied, ruffling his hair.

"Where are ya goin'?" Ponyboy asked.

I looked at Elizabeth and then at Johnny and then at Pony. "To the Nightly Double."

Ponyboy laughed. "Please get Two-Bit away from there okay? He is hitting on every blonde he sees. The last one didn't find it amusing."

"What did Two-Bit do to her?"

Johnny laughed. "Who said it was a girl?" Him and Ponyboy cracked up and with that me and Elizabeth jammed outta there faster than you can beat an egg.

We were about five blocks away from the drive-in when we saw Steve running over to us.

"Hey Steve-O!" I called. Steve kept running but shouted out something.

"RUN GUYS! RUN!" he disappeared around the corner and we shrugged and kept going.

About 10 seconds later a Mustang was speeding down the road in the same direction as Steve. I knew exactly who the people were. It was the Socs'. The Mustang slammed on the breaks and stopped. Three Socs got out and started making their way towards us.

"Well well well. Look who we found!" Bob hollered. I looked at Elizabeth with a scared expression. She was teary eyed and i knew i had to get her outta there.

"Leave us the hell alone!" I yelled at them. They were about 20 feet away and then I started to walk faster. I pushed Elizabeth ahead of me.

"Oh we have a real braveheart here!" Randy mocked. I urgently looked at Elizabeth and she looked deep into my eyes. Her blue eyes were filled with tears, and I could tell she was scared.

"Run!" I yelled.

We made a mad dash for the Nightly Double but it was about 5 blocks away. Luckily Buck Merrill, Dally's friend, lived on the next block so we hightailed for Buck's house. He was throwing another one of his beer blasts tonight so it would be a good time for our gang and Buck along with Tim Sheperd's gang to beat up these asshole rivals.