Chapter 4 || "You know girlie you dig okay."

{ Elizabeth's POV }

I opened my eyes and saw the dim sunlight leaking through the blinds. I looked at the clock and it said seven o'clock. Ugh, this is too early. I wanted to go back to sleep, but that all I heard was shouting and the radio blasting. I crawled out of bed and walked to the corner where Soda folded my clothes on a small dresser.

I threw on my clothes. They were all washed and they smelled like laundry detergent. I put my hair in a ponytail and headed down the steps. I turned to enter the kitchen when I suddenly bumped into Soda. Thank fuck.

"Hey Eliza!" he said enthusiastically.

"Hey Sodapop." I yawned.

"Follow me." he said, taking my arm.

We entered the kitchen where he sat me down. He started to take ingredients out of the refrigerator and place them on the counter.

"Ever have chocolate cake for breakfast?" Soda asked, grinning at me. I looked at my hands and started to fidget.

"I don't eat breakfast very much." I replied. Soda stopped and stared at me.

"What!?" he yelled, sounding alarmed. "Well you are gonna have to eat here!"

I opened my eyes widely and nodded. Soda started mixing ingredients and in no time, he was pushing the pan into the oven.

"This all you guys eat?" I laughed as Soda turned back around and faced me.

"No way!" He laughed as well. "Geez Louise, you must think we're the most unhealthy."

"With that body?" My eyes widened at what I'd said. Oh shit. "I mean, uhh..."

Silence fell among us.

He walked over and sat down next to me. "So... anyone else here?" I asked.

Soda looked at the timer. "Just me, you and Ponyboy. He is still asleep though."

I looked at the ceiling. "Okay."

We sat there in silence until the timer rang. Soda got up and ran to the kitchen. In about five minutes he came in with two hunks of chocolate cake on a plate. He sat it in between us and he started to munch on his slice.

"You can eat too, yanno that right?" he said through a mouthful of cake.

I giggled slightly, picking up my slice and basically inhaling it. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon.

After we ate, I picked up the plates and took them to the kitchen. I turned on the tap and started to wash them with hot water.

"What are you doing? Stop. You don't have to wash the dishes." Soda said urgently.

"Oh but I shall." I said with a wink.

Soda smiled and walked out of the room.

I was finished cleaning finally and I walked into the living room. I saw Soda laying on the couch. I walked over and bent over the couch from the back.

"Mickey Mouse? Again?" I laughed.

"Shut up, it is the only cartoon channel, savvy?" He laughed with me.

"Yeah. Savvy." Soda looked at me.

"You know girlie, you dig okay."

I smiled and flipped over onto the couch. Soda and I started watching television. I looked outside out of boredom. Television just isn't my thing.

"What me to grab you a coke?" Soda asked, with a sly grin across his face. I grinned back.

"Nah, I'm not very thirsty." He propped his feet onto the coffee table and layed back a little bit.

"So Eliza, tell me about your life. Are you an only child? Are you adventurous? Do you have a boyfriend?" He looked up with a coy smile.

"No, yes and no." I replied. The last no was a little flirty, if you ask me.

"Oh okay."

I smiled at the ground. "Do you have a job? Do you have a girlfriend? Is your hair naturally greasy?"

Soda looked at me giggling. "Yes, yes and no."

A dust bunny fell from the ceiling onto my face and I tried to blow is away. "Oh alright."

Soda got a serious look. "But I don't know if I want her anymore."

I stopped breathing for a split second. I looked at him.

"Sandy is a good girl, don't get me wrong, but she is too clingy and she has a thing for Dally anyways." he started to fidget with his shirt tail.

We looked into each others eyes. His eyes were like dark brown jewels. Broken and soft.

He took my hand and looked into my eyes.

"Eliza, I think I really like you."

I looked at him.

"Are you wild? Me? Dude, you've known me for less than twenty four hours!" I stiffled a laugh.

He nodded his head. "Yes I might just be. But you... I have only known you for a few hours and you seem perfect to me."

I smiled at him. "Really?" The cliché overload.

He nodded again. "Really." Oh, it has reached its peak.

Soda and I looked at one another and he finally leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. After he pulled away I finally opened my eyes in amazement. I kissed him back and the last thing I remember is hearing Ponyboy spit in disgust.

_______________________

Awks because idk what to do with this chapter, so here's some minor editing... Goodnight!

.x

{ sorry if it is too short...♡ }