Chapter 9 || Cherishable

• Dedicated to All the boys from The Outsiders and S.E.Hinton

( Soda's POV )

This morning got off to a great start. I woke up next to the most beautiful girl in the world, and then I had pancakes. Nice.

It was all cheery until her phone rang. I took it off the hook and answered it.

"Hello?'' I asked. "Uh huh. Mhm hmm. Yeah. Well your daughters do not intend on bailing you out, so I'm gonna hang up. Stay away from them."

I hung up the phone and walked upstairs. Elizabeth was still asleep. I probably wore her out last night.

I sat down next to her with a tray of pancakes and shook her shoulder. She groaned.

"What?'' She grunted in a rude tone. Dream woman.

"Morning baby." I smiled, kissing her on the cheek.

"What is that smell?" she mumbled.

"I made pancakes."

She sat up and looked at me.

"Breakfast in bed?" she laughed.

I placed the tray on her lap. "I know, but I didn't want to leave you just yet. I wanted to make you a special breakfast and maybe go for a walk?"

She smiled at me and took a sip of the orange juice. "Sounds good."

I grinned and kissed her softly.

"By the way, last night was amazing." She whispered as she got up with a sheet wrapped around her body. I stared at her as she made her way down the hall.

As soon as the door to the bathroom shut, I grabbed the phone and called home. Darry picked up after two rings.

"Soda!'' he yelled through the phone.

"Hey Darry, sorry I wasn't home last night. I was hanging with Elizabeth and we fell asleep watching a movie."

I could hear Ponyboy in the backround yelling 'Is that Soda?'.

"Well, glad you're okay kid brother." Darry laughed.

"I'll be home tonight, okay Dar?"

"Yeah okay. Bye."

I hung up and laid down.

About 10 minutes passed and Elizabeth walked back into the bedroom.

"You're still here" she laughed.

"Forever and always." I replied, kissing her softly on the lips. I took her hand and walked down the stairs.

"So does Darry know you were here last night? I thought I heard you talking to him.'' Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah. He doesn't mind though."

Elizabeth nodded and sat down. I got her a glass of water and sat across from her.

"So when you're finished we can go on our way." I said, taking a final sip from my glass.

"Oh sure!" she blurted as she took a final swig outta her glass. "Ready?" she asked, smiling.

"Yup!" I replied. We threw on our jackets and were out the door in a jiffy.

We walked hand in hand up the street. It was a beatiful day. Light snow was all over the ground and the air was crisp and cold. Every so often i would glance at her and she would kiss me. We decided to stop in the park and just chill. As we made our way to the fountain, she disappeared.

I looked everywhere until i saw her running through the snow in the opposite direction.

"Elizabeth!" I yelled.

"Catch me if you can!" She yelled back.

I smirked and started to run her way.

She was quick, but not too quick for me. I chased her for a good minute before i finally caught up to her. I grabbed her waist and pulled her close. She and I were out of breath. Elizabeth wrapped her arms around my neck and looked into my eyes. She had the most gorgeous blue eyes. I kissed her softly.

She slid down and laid on the ground, looking at the sky.

"Ever cloud gaze?" she asked.

"Never have." I replied.

I sat next to her and watched the sky. There were dozens of clouds. They looked like big marshmellows.

Snow was lightly falling and Elizabeth would stick out her tongue and catch each snowflake. She looked so beautiful in the winter. Her eyes sparkled and her hair glistened. She was perfect.

I started to get up but she grabbed my hand and pulled me down.

"Where do you think you're going?" she smiled.

"To continue our walk."

She laughed. "Just a little bit longer?"

I grinned and laid next to her. She curled up to me and we just layed there.

No talking, no kissing. Just quiet. I cherish these moments. This was the girl I felt I needed in my life forever.