Chapter 23 || The Tension Is Real

{Elizabeth's POV}

Soda exited the main room of the DX and headed down towards the back room. I sat on a stool as Soda's boss Dean looked through some receipts.

"So you're the special lady Soda is always braggin' about, huh?" Dean said as he leaned against the counter. I stroked my hair and looked across the room. I could feel myself blushing."

"Wow, he brags about me?" I smiled at the ground thinking about the fact that he brags to his boss about me. What a sweetie.

The front door swung open and Steve walked in with his vest slung over his shoulder, exposing his body.

"What's up, Dean-o?" Steve asked,whipping past us to the small coat room. "Hey Elizabeth."
I nodded in Steve's direction and walked over to the cooler for a coke. I opened the small container and brought up a medium sized can, snapping it open as drops flew to my face.

"Oh, here Miz Elizabeth!" Dean called, jogging over. He tore off his shirt and stopped in front of me. He pressed the soft cloth to my face and wiped off the droplets. "Don't want such a pretty face gettin' sabotaged too much, eh?"

"Thanks." I said as my arms awkwardly, limply fell to my sides. I silently admired Dean's perfectly sculpted abs. I got to admit, I like the way they look. And his arms are very muscular.

Soda walked in through the door with a cart full of twelve boxes.

"This'll be enough?" Soda glared towards Dean, quickly sending me a smile.

Dean threw his shirt back on over his head and wrestled his arms through it. "Sure, I guess. You best be gettin' home now you two." Dean winked my way.

I hope Soda didn't see that. The last thing I want is Sodapop getting fired because he became defensive and brought a rumble on between him and his boss.

"Let's get going Elizabeth." Soda said as he lifted his arm and protectively wrapped it around me. "Later Dean-o."

Dean winked at me before we turned around. "See ya Sodapop. Some time again, Miz Elizabeth." Ew. So very ew.

As Sodapop and I stepped out into the streets under the dark night skies, he stopped and turned to me.

"Did he make advances on ya in any way?" His eyes beamed in hatred and anger.

"No... Well... Maybe, I don't know. He was real flirtatious towards me this evening though. Nothin' over sexualized." I shyly replied. "Don't be mad at him for being a boy. It's only in his nature!"

Soda laughed and looked down at the ground. "Yeah..." He lifted his head and looked at me sweetly. He looked some handsome under the moon and stars. His dark eyes gleamed with life and his jawline looked very defined. "I guess so. I know that ya wouldn't pull a stunt like that, huh? Like flirtin' back and all."

I reached over and placed a hand on the back of his neck, pulling him in closer. As our lips touched, I felt the real electricity rushin' through my veins.

"I love you." I whispered.

Sodapop grinned into the kiss. "I love you."

_____________________________________________________

Lol this chapter sucked balls. I almost typed "As Soda and I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house".

Ahaha I hate Dean a lot.

Question time!!!: What would YOU like to see in the next chapter?? I'm taking requests and I'd love to hear what you all have to say!! I need to definitely make up for this crap chapter. My writing game = weak.