Bill

Vivian squeaked as the potion blew up in her face covering it in some form of soot. She had always found potions impossible and Snape didn't help, he was so intimidating she dreaded even showing up to the lessons. In fact there was only one reason she did turn up to this lesson, other than being scared not too, and that reason was Bill weasley. Not because she had one of those school girl crushes, not because they were even friends, but he gave off a sort of safe feeling. He took care of people, opened doors for them and helped younger students with homework. Vivian was about to give up on ever getting it right and just giving in to Snapes snarky comments when Bill came over to her "let me help?" He spoke softly, always with a calm gentle voice and warm smile.

"Please" Vivian nodded thankful for someone offering, and he rolled up his sleeves slowly going through all the instructions and ingredients with her. He did so it so easily and the potion turned out perfect but Vivian still wasn't sure she could get it right. She followed each step he'd shown her and it was looking hopeful but the second she added the frog legs it exploded in her face and she groaned loudly. She could hear Bill laughing from beside her "It was toad legs darling, big difference, and they need to be sliced".
"Sliced, diced, god whats the difference Bill" she gave a defeated huff and fell back onto her stool, she was NOT taking this class again next year. "How about after classes we come back and I'll go over everything with you, until you have it to the T" he smiled a little, nudging her to try and cheer her up, he was honestly so sweet like that. "Im hopeless Bill" she mumbled throwing her head into her hands feeling residue of the soot from earlier still there and her hair a little fried. "Give me a chance, be here after dinner rather than classes, give you a break" and with that he was gone. She could see Snape watching her from the other side of the room and she so badly wanted to flip him off but never would she have the confidence to do that, especially to Snape.

Throughout the whole feast Vivian was debating on whether or not to show up. Maybe Bill would've forgotten? But it'd be rude not to at least show up when he'd been as kind to offer. But on the other hand it could be a big prank? But Bill wasn't the type of person to do that. Her thoughts ran like that before deciding on showing up for at least a minute or two. She was nervous, which she guessed was a little silly, but it was just who she was. She walked through the corridors just kind of wanting to be in the common room messing about with everyone but she knew she was doing the right thing here. As she walked into the classroom she could see Bill leaned over a textbook, sleeves rolled up again showing his slight muscles. He was rather tall compared to him however Vivian herself was quite short. "Hey" she mumbled walking over and collapsing into the seat next to him. "Was beginning to think you wouldn't show up" he didn't look up immediately from the book, eyes focused on whatever he was reading before looking up. Vivian gave a slight smile not sure if she was meant to say anything, she never realised she was this awkward before. "I thought we could start with the basics, so you actually understand what goes into a potion" Bill spoke, cheerful as ever, but Vivian groaned internally because she always skipped over this kind of thing, it was boring.

After an hour or so Bill was sitting across from her, red hair a little messed up from running his fingers through it which Vivian noted was a habit of his. "So whats the difference between frog legs and toad legs?" He looked to her hopefully but Vivian drew a blank, mouth opening hoping the words would come out themselves without her doing any work. She just could never remember any of this, she was hopeless, it was too confusing. Bill put the book down and had a classic look of concern, the same as her transfiguration teacher had had at the end of the last year. "Still not sinking in?" She shook her head quickly.
"Lets leave it for today, we can meet up again tomorrow before potions and I'll try a new method with you of studying". They both started packing up, vivian in frustrated with herself and maybe Bill could sense it "don't beat yourself up, everyone struggles with something and snape is awful",he gave her a reassuring smile and she thanked him before they headed off their separate ways.