Bill

"I've just never had my first kiss... I'm 17 for godsake it should've happen by now!!" Vivian frowned, turning to her best friend Bill. Everyone around her seemed to be moving forward with their lives, forming relationships yet she was stuck in the same place as he was 6 years ago.

"It just means you're waiting for the right person viv... That special person, its nothing to be ashamed or saddened by" Bill consoled his friend, rubbing her back gently.

"Maybe I'm fed up of waiting! Maybe I dont care about 'that special one'" she rolled her eyes, using her fingers to make quotation marks for the word 'special' and biting on her tongue to try and prevent tears, she didnt want to seem anymore pathetic than she ready did. Bill didn't say anything, he didnt know what to say.

"Maybe its just because I'm ugly, undesirable" she mumbled, her shoulders shrugging as she looked down and pulls her knees to get chest.

"Thats not true" Bill shook his head in protest, "you're just way out of everyone's league".

Vivian buried her head in her now tucked up knees, tears slipping from her eyes to stain her cheeks. She didnt have words, she didnt have a defense, she just felt so broken like something was wrong with her.

"Please don't cry" he whispered, pulling Vivian into his chest, holding his arms tight around her.

"Describe your first kiss to me" she mumbled, wiping her tears on her sleeves which were rough against her smooth cheeks, "please". The last part came out as a whimper as she forced herself to look up at her best friend of 5 years. They never really knew each other in first year but in second year when they had a potions assignment together it formed a bond for life.

"Well, it was in 3rd year as you know, with Leeta, I think she had purple hair at the time and I remember liking how out there she was. It was during lunch break and we were just chatting in one of the corridors, I'm not sure how it quite happened but she leaned in and so did I.. And we kissed" he smiled softly at the memory, shaking his head "boring story I'm afraid"

Vivian smiled a little, pulling back from Bill's grip, "I'm sorry... These things just get to me sometimes" she looked to her best friend, going over his features with her eyes.

"I could be your first kiss.. Get it out the way?" Bill's words made her freeze on the spot. Her cheeks flushed at the suggestion and her heart began speeding up in her chest.
Was he trying to be kind? Did he like her? Was he just fed up of her complaining?

"I-" Vivian tried to speak, swallowing the lump in her throat as she just stared at the weasley boy she'd known for so long yet never once considered if he was attractive or not. The longer she didnt respond, the more uncomfortable Bill looked as he tried to read the expression on her face.

"Sorry, stupid idea" he frowned a little, rubbing Vivian's arm softly, "just want you to feel better yeah?" He had a concerned look on his face that replaced the earlier fear. Bill stood up, readying himself to leave and let Vivian calm down in her own space.

"No! Wait.. I... Yes" Vivian stumbled over her words, standing up quickly to match Bill.

"No what??" He furrowed his eyebrows together, trying to piece together what she so objected to.

"I want you to be my first kiss..." She mumbled, blushing a bright shade of red and let switching her gaze between Bill himself and the floor. A small smirk began to take over Bill's face and she didnt know if it was because he truly wanted to kiss her or that another "brilliant bill plan" as he called them was successful.

"C'mere then gorgeous" He whispered, stepping closer and placed a finger under her chin lifting it so her gaze was focused on him for a minute before leaning forward and connecting their lips. Her lips tingled through her lips and spread to he rest of her face. Her stomach flipped being completely new to the whole kissing thing, not knowin if she should pull away after a peck or wrap her arms around him and prolong it.

Just as she was deciding to lift her hands around his neck, he pulled back, smiling softly down at her, "there, now you've had your first kiss" he nodded, looking very proud of himself. Vivian nodded quickly, not wanting to push anything and deciding to wrap her head around her own feelings first before trying to comprehend Bill's too.

"Goodnight Bill" she mumbled, reaching for his hand ad squeezing it lightly before turning away from him and walking to the steps for her dorm.
"Goodnight goregous" he whispered.

Hope you enjoyed! A part two may be coming for this one soon as I feel some cute fluff and the start of a relationship could easily follow but no guarantee 😂 x