Fred

NOTE: This one shot is quite long (around 4000 words) and there is a lot of background and plot woven it. It isn't pure romance however there is quite a bit in there still. It is like it's own tiny novel so expect a lot of story.

Vivian knew she was magic. She had to be. Her parents tried to hide it from her, she wasn't quite sure why, but she'd found so many old books and weird items in their house that could only be explained by magic. The internet and local library hadn't been much help and desperate times called for desperate measures. She was going on an adventure.

She stuffed as many clothes as physically possible in her small backpack, along with a few chocolate bars, and set off. Her destination? Kings cross station. She stalked around between platforms 9 and 10, she had read many a time about hogwarts and platform nine and three quarters. Vivian has hoped it wouldn't be some mystical magic trick to get there, as it seemed no matter the spell she could not create anything. Time was ticking by and she was beginning to get desperate.

"Mum you don't really have to take us" a ginger haired lad spoke. He was walking past with a large suitcase with an unmistakable H on it. Bingo.

"Nonsense dears" The mother spoke. There was another ginger haired boy there who looked identical to the first.. and then another and another except these ginger haired ones were different, there was even a girl. Was it a wizard thing to be ginger? Vivian considered for a moment but when her eye caught the clock she decided there were more important tasks at hand. Could she ask the family to help? But she hadn't a suitcase nor a clue outside of textbooks about the wizarding world it would never work. She saw them beginning to one by one run at the wall between platforms nine and ten. Was she seeing things? They were just disappearing! Vivian blinked a few times, and each time she did it seemed another ginger disappeared into the wall. There was only two left now, the twins, and without much thought Vivian ran at them and jumped into one of their trolleys just as they were running.

She heard a voice yell "Fred" but that was behind her now and as if by magic, well it was by magic, they had landed on another platform. She stood up looking about and couldn't believe her eyes. Wizards and witches were all walking about, all in Hogwarts robes and the whole room was buzzing. However her excitement didn't last long as she realised 'Fred' along with what seemed like the whole ginger family was staring at her.

"Who are you?" Fred spoke first, cocking his head a little as if trying to grasp whether she was really there. Vivian didn't have time to think, she couldn't risk them sending her back.

"Uhm, well" Vivian couldn't think of an excuse and her heart was beginning to pound.

"Maybe she's a fan" spoke Fred's identical twin, wiggling his eyebrows. Why would she be a fan of him? She'd never read about any famous ginger wizard who would still be attending Hogwarts.

"C'mon love let's get you out of that trolley" the woman who Vivian supposed was their mother said. She kindly helped her and so Vivian said thank you. "Have you lost your ticket or something dear? You know they replace them, and where's your luggage?".

As nice as the family was being Vivian didn't suppose they would be when she explained the situation. Her only choice was to run, and so she did just that. She darted in the other direction but much to her dismay one of them had followed her, rushing in between all the people in the station. He reached out and grasped her arm, pulling her back to him.

"Who on earth are you?" His eyebrows were knotted together and Vivian was sure a single thought hadn't crossed her mind about her next action, it just happened. She brought her face forward and crashed her lips into his hoping it would be enough of a distraction. To her surprise she found she quite liked this boys lips as he let his hand slip from its vice grip on her, they were soft and tasted like.. like something she couldn't remember the name of but it was good. For a moment she thought she was going to loose the whole plan, deciding kissing Fred was a much nicer idea but when she felt his hand reach for her waist it brought her back to her reality. She needed to get away. She quickly pulled back, giving a flash of a smile and darted off again, hearing a whisper of "bloody hell" from Fred, who thankfully decided not to follow her.